In this article, we will show you how to use Word to create different address labels in one paper sheet.
It’s a well-known knowledge that Word allows us to create a single or multiple identical labels. Certainly, to get a number of labels in one go sharply reduces our work. Then how about making labels with different addresses? Sounds appealing? Just read on and we will give you more.
Steps to Create Multiple Different Address Labels in Word
- First and foremost, open up your Word.
- Then click “Mailings” tab on the “Menu bar”.
- Next, choose “Labels” in “Create” group.
- Now you have opened the “Envelopes and Labels” dialog box. If you want to create multiple labels with same address, you should input it in the address box. Since what you need now is just create different addresses, you need choose “Full page of the same labels” in “Print” area. Although this option implies to create a page with same labels, but we will still have chance to input different addresses later, so to implement our goal.
- Then click “Options” button.
- Now the “Label Options” dialog box pops up. First in “Printer information” area, you can click either “Continuous-feed printers” or “Page printers”.
- And click the drop-down button of “Tray” to choose a type.
- Then in “Label information” part, choose a label vendor, such as “Microsoft”.
- Next pick a type in “Product number”. For instance, we here choose “30 Per Page”. You can see the label information on the right side area.
- Now if you want to view more details of the “Label information”, click the “Details” button on the left-down side of the dialog box.
- In “Address Label 30 Per Page information” dialog box, you can see more specific information of the label and even modify part of them according to your need.
- Click “OK” when finish addressing.
- In case you want to create a new style of label, click “New Labe” button next to “Details”.
- This time you open a “Label Details” dialog box. You are fine to change the label name along with other setup.
- Still click “OK” to save your change.
- Now go back to “Label Options” dialog box and click “OK”.
- And now you go back to “Envelopes and Labels” dialog box. Click “New Document” button. And you can see there are multiple labels in a page.
- Now you are free to type addresses into these labels.
Note: Remember to input address until this step so you can get different address labels in one paper sheet. If you want to get multiple identical address labels, you should type the address in step 4, as we describe above.
- Finally, save this document so you can reuse these labels later.
Ways to Retrieve Lost Files
Despite of Word’s various features, it’s still vulnerable to mistakes and even attacks from virus. When Word collapses, it is absolutely a huge devastating disaster especially to some of your critical files. Then here is the problem: can we get these files back? The answer is positive. First there is a built-in function in Word itself to help users to deal with file loss issues. Second, there are many powerful third-party tools to recover word to some degree, they help a lot.
Vera Chen is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including excel recovery and pdf repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com