What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file containing text sent from a website to a user’s browser and stored on their device, like a computer or mobile phone. Cookies enable the website to remember information about the user’s visit, such as language and preferences, for a better user experience on future visits. Cookies are crucial in enhancing user experiences on the internet.
How are cookies used?
- Statistics on web usage
- Preferred mobile web access format
- Latest searches
- Information about displayed ads
- Data connection to social networks, including Facebook or Twitter
Types of cookies used
Our website uses both session and persistent cookies. Session cookies gather information during user access, while persistent cookies retain data for use across multiple sessions.
- Technical cookies: These enable users to navigate the website or app and utilize various features or services, such as data communication, traffic control, session identification, and accessing restricted areas.
- Customization cookies: These allow users to access the service with pre-set or user-defined attributes, like language, browser type, or selected content design.
- Analytical cookies: These facilitate the tracking and examination of user actions on websites. The data collected helps measure web activity and develop user navigation profiles, ultimately leading to service and functionality enhancements.
- Third-party cookies: Some pages may include third-party cookies that help manage and augment services provided, such as Google Analytics for statistical purposes.
To block cookies, adjust your browser settings to deny the placement of all or specific cookies. Be aware that disabling all cookies, including essential ones, could restrict access to certain sections of our website or other sites you visit.
Apart from essential cookies, all other cookies have a predetermined expiration period.