How to Recover
Why DataNumen TAR Repair?
20+ years of
Recover Much More than Our Competitors
The license key is delivered immediately after you order.
Our Customers' Testimonials
DataNumen TAR Repair
Huntsville, Alabama, USA
DataNumen TAR Repair
Electronics Designer, Farmer, Electrician, Musician
Extremely Simple Interface
Main Features in DataNumen TAR Repair v2.0
- Support for Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP/Visa/7/8/8.1/10 and Windows Server 2003/2008/2012.
- Support to fix standard Unix Tar files.
- Support to recover Tar files on corrupted media, such as floppy disks, Zip disks, CDROMs, etc.
- Support to repair a batch of Tar files.
- Support to fix Tar files as large as 2TB(2048GB).
- Support to find and select the Tar files to be repaired on the client computer.
- Support integration with Windows Explorer, so you can repair Tar file with the context menu of Windows Explorer easily.
- Support drag & drop operation.
- Support command line (DOS prompt) parameters.
- Can be used as a computer forensic tool and electronic discovery (or e-discovery, eDiscovery) tool.
Using DataNumen TAR Repair to Recover Damaged TAR Archives
When your TAR archives are damaged or corrupt and you cannot open them normally, you can use DataNumen TAR Repair to scan the TAR archive and recover the data from it as much as possible.
Start DataNumen TAR Repair.
Note: Before recovering any damaged or corrupt TAR archive with DataNumen TAR Repair, please close any other applications that may access the TAR archive.
Select the damaged or corrupt TAR archive to be repaired:
You can input the TAR archive name directly or click the button to browse and select the archive file. You may also click the button to find the TAR archive file to be repaired on the local computer.
By default, DataNumen TAR Repair will save the fixed TAR archive file as xxxx_fixed.tar, where xxxx is the name of the source TAR archive. For example, for source TAR archive Damaged.tar, the default fixed archive will be Damaged_fixed.tar. If you want to use another name, then please select or set it accordingly:
You can input the fixed archive file name directly or click the button to browse and select the fixed archive file.
Click the button, and DataNumen TAR Repair will start scanning and repairing the source TAR archive. Progress bar
will indicate the repair progress.
After the repair process, if the source TAR archive can be repaired successfully, you will see a message box like this:
Now you can open the fixed TAR archive with the corresponding applications.
Note: The demo version will display the following message box to show the success of the recovery:
where you can click the button to see a report of all the recoverable files in the TAR archive, including the file name and the file size, like this:
According to the report, you can know whether DataNumen TAR Repair can recover your TAR archive successfully. However, the demo version will not save the fixed TAR archive. Please order the full version to get the archive.