With the days going by, the size of Outlook file will increase constantly, which will result in poor performance in Outlook. So you should clean up the useless and large items at regular intervals to keep the minimized size of Outlook file. This article will focus on recognizing and deleting the large calendar items.
One day, when I check the size of all Outlook folders, I discover that calendar occupy the most space in Outlook file. Through adding “Size” column to List view, I quickly recognize the large calendar items and delete them after affirming that they are useless.
Add “Size” Column and Sort Calendar Items by Size in List View
- At the very outset, start Outlook and turn to “Calendar” pane.
- Due to the fact that the default view is “Calendar”, you should change it to “List”. Switch to “View” tab and click “Change View” button. From the drop down list, choose “List”.
- Then still under “View” tab, you should locate and click on “Add Columns” button in the group of “Arrangement”.
- Next a new dialog box will show up. You should choose “All Appointment fields” from the drop down list of “Select available columns from”.
- And then in the column list, scroll to the bottom and select “Size”. Click “Add” button to add it to the right box. Optionally, you can use “Move Up” and “Move Down” button to change the order of the columns.
- Click “OK” to save the changes to the column and back to Outlook.
- Finally you should locate “Size” among the columns. Click on “size” column and the calendar items will be sorted by size at once. You can quickly recognize the large calendar items. If they are overdue or useless, delete them right now!
Make Full use of “Compact Now” Button within Outlook
Actually although you’ve deleted the large items, the size of PST file is usually the same as before. You need to compact the file to delete them thoroughly.
- At the beginning, go to “File” menu and click “Account Settings” button.
- Then in the subsequent window, switch to “Data File” tab and select the target PST file.
- Next click “Settings” button above, which will open a new dialog box.
- Later you can locate and click “Compact Now” button.
- Eventually you can click “OK” and close “Account Settings” window to back to Outlook. After compacting, the large items are deleted completely.
Retrieve Outlook Data after Abrupt Crashes
Unquestionably, predicting the crashes or corruption in Outlook is totally impossible. Therefore, it is due to this reason that you should make regular backups. With backups, restoring Outlook data will be a simple task. But if no backups, you can still apply Outlook free utility – Scanpst.exe. Though it often underperforms, you can still have a try. When it finally fails, you have no choice but to take aid of a remarkable external tool like DataNumen Outlook Repair. It can recover Outlook data with minimized corruption in a quick time.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including sql recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com