In this article, we are going to look at the way to quickly format your Word document via AutoFormat feature.
Every now and then, you are likely to work on a Word document which contains certain formats. To be honest, it can be frustrating to set these formats over and over again. Therefore, it’s high time you stated learning the tip to utilize AutoFormat command. To preset format for your Word file, you can save yourself from a lot of trouble in setting formats so as to improve working efficiency.
Add AutoFormat Command to Quick Access Toolbar
In order to use the AutoFormat option, you have to add the AutoFormat command to “Quick Access Toolbar” first. Following are detailed steps to achieve that:
- Firstly, just open a Word document.
- Then click “File”.
- Choose “Options” next to open up the “Word Options” window.
- Click “Quick Access Toolbar” on the left side.
- Choose “All Commands” on the drop-list of “Choose commands from”.
- Now, select “AutoFormat…” option.
- Go to click “Add” button.
- Last but not the least, click “OK” to save the change.
So far, you have successfully added “AutoFormat” command to “Quick Access Toolbar”, as below:
Format Your Word Document via AutoFormat Feature
Following is the description in detail of presetting format for your Word document by utilizing AutoFormat command.
- Select the text for which you want to preset format.
- Now “AutoFormat” window will pop up. Click “Options”.
- Then in the “AutoCorrect” window, you can check options you need for your document.
- Never forget to click “OK”.
- Now, you are back to “AutoFormat” window. This time you select “AutoFormat and review each change”.
- Next, choose a document type for your file.
- Again click “OK”.
- In the new window, it’s up to you to choose either “Accept All” or “Reject All” option.
- Certainly, you may also want to go through the changes one by one, then you need click “Review changes…”.
What can you achieve by applying AutoFormat to Word files?
The result depends on what options you check in “AutoCorrect” window. Generally, it will replace ordinals with superscript, change Hyphens with dash, and convert Internet and network paths into hyperlinks automatically, and so on.
Prevent Yourself from File Loss
Unprecedented file corruption is always happening. It, however, doesn’t mean we can do nothing about it. For example, we highly recommend you taking backups of your files on a regular basis. Backups can help a lot in case you need word recovery. Second, try to avoid operating on a certain document too frequent. Anyway, it never goes wrong of being too careful on file security.
Vera Chen is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including excel recovery and pdf repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com