When forwarding an Outlook email that has attachments, at times, you may want to only keep selected attachments instead of all. Now, in this article, we’ll teach you how to quickly forward a mail with selected attachments only.
In the standard way, when you forward an Outlook email, all original attachments will be forwarded. However, at times, you only wish to forward some attachments instead of all. Generally, you can forward the email as usual and then delete the unwanted attachments manually. But, it is a bit troublesome. Therefore, here we will introduce you a much quicker method to forward an email with only selected attachments.
Quickly Forward an Email with Selected Attachments Only
- At the very outset, launch Outlook VBA editor via “Alt + F11” shortcut.
- Then, copy and paste the following code into a project or module.
Sub ForwardMailWithSelectedAttachmentsOnly() Dim objMail As Outlook.MailItem Dim strTempFolder As String Dim strFile As String Dim objSelectedAttachments As Outlook.AttachmentSelection Dim objAttachment As Outlook.Attachment Dim objForward As Outlook.MailItem 'Get the selected email Set objMail = Outlook.Application.ActiveExplorer.Selection.Item(1) 'Get the selected attachments Set objSelectedAttachments = Outlook.Application.ActiveExplorer.AttachmentSelection If objSelectedAttachments.Count > 0 Then 'Forward this email Set objForward = objMail.Forward objForward.Display 'Delete all the forwarded attachments Do Until objForward.Attachments.Count = 0 objForward.Attachments.Item(1).Delete Loop On Error Resume Next strTempFolder = "E:\Temp" & Format(Now, "yyymmddhhmmss") & "\" MkDir (strTempFolder) 'Re-attach the selected attachments to the forward mail For Each objAttachment In objSelectedAttachments strFile = strTempFolder & objAttachment.FileName objAttachment.SaveAsFile (strFile) objForward.Attachments.Add (strFile) Next Kill strFile End If End Sub
- Next, exit the VBA editor.
- After that, follow the “Optional Step” in the previous post “How to Run VBA Code in Your Outlook” to add this macro to Quick Access Toolbar or ribbon.
- Eventually, you can try this macro.
- First off, ensure that the reading pane is turned on.
- Then, select an email and the attachments that you want to forward.
- Next, click the macro button in Quick Access Toolbar or ribbon.
- At once, a new email will display. As you can see, it is a forwarding email with only selected attachments.
Fix Knotty Outlook Data Corruption
Have you ever come across Outlook crash? And have such crashes resulted in PST data corruption? If you have ever encountered such issues, you may have realized how knotty and troublesome they are. Usually, small problems can be solved with Inbox repair tool. But, for the serious troubles, like Outlook corruption, you have to utilize a more powerful utility, such as DataNumen Outlook Repair.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including SQL Server fix and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com