Some users would like to show the flagged items in a special font, instead of only being marked with a small red flag, in message list. To be honest, it is quite easy. Now, this article will teach you to achieve it step by step.
When you flag an item in Outlook, there is simply a red flag assigned to this item. Nothing else would occur. What will happen later to the flagged item is that when it’s overdue, its font will become red. However, a majority of users hope that the item’s font could be changed as soon as they flag an item. As a matter of fact, it’s very easy to realize this. Yet, some newbies don’t know how to do that. So, here, we will introduce the detailed steps.
Change the Font of Flagged Items in Message List
- To begin with, start your Outlook program as usual.
- Then, open an Outlook folder, such as “Inbox” for my example.
- Next, shift to “View” tab, on which click the “View Settings” button.
- After that, in the new “Advanced View Settings” dialog box, click “Conditional Formatting” button.
- Subsequently, click the “Add” button.
- Then, specify a name for this new conditional formatting rule.
- Afterwards, click the “Font” button.
- Next, in the popup dialog box, change the font to your liking and click “OK”.
- Then, click “Condition” button, which will bring up the “Filter” dialog box.
- In this new dialog, turn to “More Choices” tab.
- Next, check the “Only items which” option and select “are flagged by me”.
- After that, click a series of “OK” to save this conditional formatting rule.
- Finally, when you return to the mail list, you can see that all the flagged mails have been shown in the specific font, like the following figure.
Back Up Your PST Regularly
No matter flagged items or other items, you must be reluctant to losing them. But, in reality, Outlook PST file is vulnerable. In other words, one day, your valuable PST file can get corrupt readily maybe due to a tiny issue, such as sudden power outage, etc. Therefore, to avoid painful Outlook data loss, you are better off taking some actions. For example, consistent and updated Outlook data backup is surely a matter of necessity. Besides, though Outlook comes endowed with inbox repair tool, you still have to prepare an external one, such as DataNumen Outlook Repair. In this way, you can effectively escape from destructive Outlook data loss.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including repair SQL Server and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com