If you have several accounts in Outlook, all flagged items will gather in To-Do bar, which will clutter up the To-Do bar. Thus in this article, we will explore how to hidden flagged items of other unnecessary accounts.
I have added all of my frequently used email accounts in Outlook application so that I can deal with all of my mails. However, only one of them is my business account. I often create flag items to reminder myself in this account. But one day I found that my flagged items in other accounts were mixed up with this business account in To-Do bar. I have no choice but to hide the flagged items of the unwanted accounts. Here are concrete steps.
Hide Flagged Items of Unwanted Accounts in To-Do Bar
- For a start, you should head to “Account Settings” page. Go to “File” menu and click “Account Settings” button on “Info” tab.
- In “Account Settings” dialog box, you need to remember name of the email account whose flagged items are to be hidden. If possible, it is prudent to write it down due to the fact that you will need to enter its name later.
- Then go to “Outlook Tasks” and locate your To-Do bar.
- Click on the header column of To-Do bar and select “View Settings” option from the popup list.
- Next in the new dialog box of “View Settings”, you should click “Filter” button.
- Another dialog box will crop up immediately, in which you should switch to “Advanced” tab.
- Later in “Field”, you should enter “E-mail Account”. In “Condition”, you need to select “doesn’t contain” and next in “Value” field, you should enter the email account’s name that you’ve remembered before.
- Click “Add to List” to activate the filter.
- Finally click several “OK” to save the filter settings.
Note: If you would like to hide flagged items of multiple email accounts, in step 7 above, you should make other specifications. In “Field”, enter “E-mail Account”. In “Condition”, you should select “is (exactly)”. Then in “Value”, you should type the name of the only email account whose flagged items to be shown.
Making Regular Backups is a Prudent Action
Filter, Rule and other small tools in Outlook can almost meet all of our common demands. This is one of Outlook’s advantages that attract quantities of users. As we all know, with a myriad of capabilities, Outlook has been touted as the most popular email client. Nevertheless, one of its flaws also disturbs users a lot. It is Outlook’s propensity to corruption. Therefore, it is advisable to make regular backups. If in danger of data corruption or loss in Outlook, users can make full use of the backups to retrieve your cherished Outlook data. Besides, you had better keep a repair tool handy, like DataNumen Outlook Repair. It is expert at Outlook recovery. You can gain the maximum data via this tool in a breeze.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including sql recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com