In this article, we are going to present you the detailed description of how to create a multi-column Word document.
Now and then, when process words in Word, you are likely to get tired of the document style. Certainly, to create a document in multiple columns can help. However, it’s easier said than done. Some might not have a clue of how to achieve that.
It is therefore that we here will explain the instructions in detail to help you make your Word document look better.
Steps to Create a Multi-column Word Document
- First and foremost, open up a Word document which you need to change into one with multi-column.
- Then click “Page Layout” on the Ribbon.
- Next, click “Columns” in “Page Setup” group.
- Go to click “Columns” icon.
- On the drop-list menu, please choose “More Columns” option.
- Now the “Columns” dialog box shall pop up. You can see one column style is chosen for this document right now. If you need to change set the document in more columns, just type the number in the text box of “Number of columns”.
- Then click “OK”.
Now you have successfully created a Word document in 4 columns. Just as below:
Add Lines between Columns
You can absolutely add lines between columns to make the content clear.
- Repeat from above step 1 to step 5.
- In “columns” dialog box, first choose more than one column in “Presets”. Only by doing so, can you be able to check the box of “Line between”.
- Then you type a column number.
- At last, click “OK”.
Adjust Column Width
- Repeat from step 1 to step 6 in “Steps to Create a Multi-column Word Document”.
- Then remove the check mark in “Equal column width” box.
- Go to adjust the column width or spacing as you like.
- Click “OK” to save the change.
Set a Part of a Document in Multiple Columns
- Firstly, you have to select the part which you need to be in columns.
- Still, repeat from step 1 to step 6 in “Steps to Create a Multi-column Word Document”.
- Choose “Selected text” in “Apply to” box.
- Then click “OK”.
Now you can get the following result:
Always Take Backup First
Though Word is capable of many functions, you should always bear this in mind that is to back up important files. For you may accidentally change your file format in the process of exploring Word. And even worse, Word can collapse because of improper operations. Under such circumstances, a backup will save you from a lot of trouble, including all the fuss over word recovery.
Vera Chen is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including excel recovery and pdf repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com