The following article is going to propose you 3 different methods to achieve rotating text in your Word document.
There are times when you want to make your Word document easy on the eye. Honestly, to insert pictures into the document can be a good choice. Then what are you going to deal with those plain texts? How can you make them seem more attractive? That is what we plan to discuss here: rotate text in Word document.
However, you may know that you can’t rotate text directly. So here are 3 solutions-to insert a text box, insert WordArt and convert the text into a picture.
Method 1: Insert a Text Box
- At the beginning, click “Insert”.
- Then click “Text Box” in “Text” group.
- Next, just choose “Simple Text Box” on the drop-list options.
- Type text into the text box.
- Select the text.
- Click “Home”.
- Then choose a proper “Font Size” for the text, such as below:
- Now click the text box so as to select it.
- Go to click “Format” on the Ribbon.
- In “Arrange” group, there is the “Rotate” option. Click it.
- Choose one rotate option you like for your text. Or when you finish step 8, you lay cursor at the green handle.
- Click it.
- Hold on the click.
- Now you are able to drag text box to rotate whatever degrees you like in any direction.
- Probably, you may find the text box lines are in your way. Then right click the text box.
- Choose “Format Shape”.
- Click “Line Color” in “Format Shape” window.
- Choose “”No line”.
- Then click “Close”.
Below is the effect:
Method 2: Insert WordArt
- Click “Insert” first.
- Then click “WordArt”.
- Choose a style.
- And type in the box.
- Repeat from step 11 to step 14 in method 1.
Method 3: Convert Text into Picture
- Select the text you want to rotate.
- Right click.
- Then choose “Copy”.
- Next click “Home”.
- Then click “paste”.
- Choose “Paste Special” option.
- Now in “Paste Special” window, choose “Picture (Enhanced Metafile)”.
- Then click “OK”.
- Go to click the text, and you shall find it has been converted into a picture.
- Next, right click.
- Choose “Format Picture”.
- Click “3-D Rotation” on the left side.
- On the right side, you can type a specific degree or click those Up/Down arrow buttons to rotate the picture around X, or Y, or Z-axis.
- Finally click “Close”.
Check the below video to view the effect:
Comparison of 3 Methods
|Insert a Text Box||1. All 3 methods enable you to rotate your text.
2. All 3 methods enable you to rotate text any degrees.
|Simple||1. You can only achieve a 2-D rotation.
2. You have to remove the text box lines.
|Insert WordArt||It’s the quickest one.||3. You can only achieve a 2-D rotation.
|Convert Text into Picture||Using this method, you can achieve a 3-D rotation.||When rotate your text to some degrees, you may fail to get a clear view.|
Word May Surrenders to Wrong Operations
Believe it or not, Word gets crashed largely due to users’ wrong operations. Therefore, if you don’t want to waste time on word repair, you should learn to avoid some bad habits like improper shut down.
Vera Chen is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including excel recovery and pdf repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com