If you want to create a chart in an Excel chart sheet, you can use the 2 methods in this article.
You will certainly create a chart for a range in Excel. Sometimes instead of putting the chart in the same worksheet, you need to input the chart into a new chart sheet. Now you can follow the steps of the 2 methods below.
Method 1: Insert a Chart Sheet
Now you need to create a chart for the sales volume.
- Right click any of a sheet tab in the workbook.
- And then choose the option “Insert” in the menu.
- Next you will see the “Insert” window. Here choose the option “Chart” in the window.
- And then click “OK”.
Thus, a new chart sheet has been created in the workbook.
- In the chart sheet, click the button “Select Data” in the toolbar. And then you will see the window “Select Data Source”.
- Now come back to the worksheet that contains the sales volume.
- Select the range that you need. Thus, the reference will appear in the text box in the “Select Data Source” dialog.
- After that, click the button “OK”. Thus, the chart will appear in the chart sheet.
Method 2: Move the Chart to a Chart Sheet
In this method, you can create a chart in the worksheet at first and then move it to a new chart sheet.
- Create a chart in the current worksheet.
- Right click the chart.
- And then choose the option “Move Chart” in the menu.
- In the “Move Chart” window, choose the option “New Sheet”. And here change the chart name if you need.
- And then click the button “OK”.
Now, you have moved the chart into a new chart sheet in the workbook.
A Comparison of the Two Methods
In the table below, we have listed the advantages and disadvantages of the two methods.
|Insert a Chart Sheet
|Move the Chart to a Chart Sheet
|1. Insert a new chart sheet can give you more flexibility on choosing the original data.
2. You can move the chart to other worksheet if you need.
|1. If you have already created a chart in the worksheet, you can use this method quickly.
2. You can edit the chart before moving to a new sheet. Thus, you can refer to the original data easily in the same worksheet.
3. You can also move the chart to other worksheet.
|1. Compared with the second method, this method is more complicated because you need to choose data in the original worksheet.
2. If you need to refer to the original data, you need to switch between the two sheets.
|1. If you still need to edit it in the chart sheet, you will find it irritating to refer to the original worksheet.
Therefore, the next time if you need to create a chart in a chart sheet, you can choose either of the two methods according to your need.
Managing a Suspicious Excel File
If you come across a suspicious Excel file, you need to be more careful. Check if you have lost any of the essential data in Excel files. There are many reasons that may cause damage to Excel. If you are not sure about the reason, contact our qualified programmer for help. Besides, you can also use our third party tool to repair Excel. This tool has helped many people to retrieve their data and information from even severely damaged Excel files.
Anna Ma is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including word recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com