As we all know, in MS Word, we can convert text to table and vice versa freely. The same holds true for Outlook. This article will discuss about how to convert between text and table in Outlook messages.
Sometimes when I try to copy a table of statistics from an external file to Outlook message, the table will be shown in text instead of in table. It may mess up the data. In this case, I wish to convert the text to table without needs to create a new table and input the data one by one. Here are the elaborate steps.
Convert Text to Table in Outlook Messages
If you have the following texts in an Outlook email, you may prefer to convert it to table, which will show the statistics in order. Now follow the steps introduced below.
- At the beginning, you should select the text.
- Then shift from “Message” tab to “Insert” tab.
- Next find “Tables” button, Click it and from its drop down list, select “Convert Text to Table” option.
- After that, a new dialog box of “Convert Text to Table” will turn up. Now take the following steps:
- Firstly, under “Table size” label, set the number of columns as per your texts. The number of rows will change automatically.
- Secondly, choose “AutoFit behavior” according to your needs.
- Thirdly, in “Separate text at”, you can choose the readymade option. If no appropriate one, select “Other” and input your desired symbol in the box behind.
- Eventually, click “OK” to close the dialog box.
- After that, you will back to the message window. You will see that the text has been converted to table in order.
Convert Table to Text in Outlook Messages
If you would like to convert the table to text, please take the following operations:
- To start with, you should select the table.
- The “Table Tools” ribbon will show up. You need to switch to “Layout” tab from original “Design” tab.
- Then in the group of “Data”, you could find and click “Convert to Text” button.
- Next in the new small dialog box of “Convert Table to Text”, you can choose one ready-made mark to separate the text or customize your desired mark in “Other” field.
- Finally click “OK”. You will return to Message window and will find that the table has been converted to text successfully.
Fix Outlook Errors by ScanPST
Errors can occur to Outlook at any time. Therefore, we should learn how to find and use ScanPST to fix them. You can search out this tool in the installation directory of Outlook. After launching it, follow the onscreen instructions to select, scan and repair the corrupted PST file. But if ScanPST fails to repair PST file, you have to fall back on more potent third party software like DataNumen Outlook Repair. It is able to fix severe errors and extract maximum Outlook data from severely broken PST file.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including sql recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com