When meeting organizer cancel a meeting, you will receive a cancellation email, but the meeting will still persist in your calendar. This article will teach you how to remove the canceled meetings skillfully.
In the past, I got used to deleting the canceled meetings from my calendar one by one. But if there are a host of canceled meetings, it would be an arduous task. Thanks to my fellow’s suggestions, I’ve learned how to remove them in bulk and even automatically. The followings are some tricks to remove them quickly.
Remove a Single Canceled Meeting in Cancellation Email
As usual, if the meeting organizers intend to cancel the scheduled meeting, they will absolutely send a cancellation email to every meeting attendee. Virtually once you receive the cancellation emails, you can remove the canceled meetings from calendar directly in the emails.
- To begin with, pitch on the mail folder which the cancellation email land into.
- Find and click on the target cancellation email. Then you can preview the email in the reading pane.
- At the top of the email, you can see the option – “Remove from calendar”. Click it to remove the meeting right now.
- Alternatively, you could double click the email to open it in its own window. Next in the ribbon, you could find “Remove from calendar” button as well.
Remove Mass Canceled Meetings in Batches
The introduced above method is exceedingly effective when you only would like to remove a single meeting. However, if you hope to remove multiple canceled meetings in bulk, the following way will be a better choice.
- For a start, head to Calendar Pane in Outlook.
- Then open the calendar which the canceled meeting is located.
- Next click in the search box, and input “Canceled:”.
- Later a list of canceled meetings will show up. Select all of them by “Ctrl + A”.
- Finally press “Delete” key button to remove them all.
Let Outlook Remove Canceled Meetings Automatically
Actually besides removing canceled meeting manually, you can require Outlook to remove them by itself. Here are the elaborate steps:
- At the outset, go to “File” > “Options”.
- In the “Outlook Options” window, switch to “Calendar” tab.
- Then find and click the button – “Resource Scheduling”.
- Next a new small dialog box will pop up, in which select “Automatically accept meeting requests and remove canceled meetings”.
- Finally click a series of “OK” to back to Outlook.
From now on, Outlook will help you remove the canceled meeting automatically. But there is a shortcoming, namely Outlook will accept all the meeting invitations automatically as well.
Retrieve Outlook Data
As you know, any application can guarantee that it will be corrupted. The same is true for Outlook. So in order to protect your Outlook data, you had better make regular backups. Besides, schedule an Outlook recovery plan in advance. It is prudent to keep a reputable recovery tool in vicinity, such as DataNumen Outlook Repair, which can recover Outlook data no matter how heavily Outlook has been compromised.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including sql recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com