Are you tired of the default fonts in Outlook navigation pane? In this article, we will look at how to change its fonts, no matter in Outlook 2010, newer versions or older versions.
As we all know, Outlook provides us with a lot of initiatives when customizing the appearance of Outlook pages. For instance, we can change the fonts in Outlook navigation pane. Since Outlook 2010, we have been permitted to change the navigation pane fonts directly within Outlook. As for Outlook 2007 and older versions, we can also change the fonts via changing windows appearance settings.
In Outlook 2010 and Newer Versions
- At the very outset, you should launch Outlook application.
- Then switch from “Home” ribbon to “View” ribbon.
- Next locate the group of “layout”. And click on “Navigation Pane” option.
- Later you ought to choose “Options” from the dropdown list. At once a new dialog box will show up. In this dialog, you can entirely control all navigation options. You can change their orders, and turn on or off them optionally.
- Of course, you can see the “Font” button as well. Just click it, which will bring out another dialog box. In this dialog, you can change all font settings of your liking, regardless of font, size or style.
- After changing, just click two “OK” to back to Outlook home page. You can see its font has been changed.
In Outlook 2007 and Older Versions
- For a start, close Outlook application.
- Then right click the Windows Desktop and select “Screen Resolution” from the context menu.
- In the new popup window, you should locate and click on “Make text and other items larger or smaller” link in blue.
- Next in the subsequent screen, you can change the font size. As long as you select the larger percent, your Outlook will be shown in the bigger font as well.
Note: You can also click “Set custom text size” option on the left side and in the popup dialog, scale to a percentage of size as per your wishes.
Virtually you can change the font size and color in Windows Appearance settings. Just right click the desktop and choose “Personalize” option. Then hit “Windows Color” and next you can click on “Advanced appearance settings”. Finally in the subsequent dialog, you can change the font size and color.
Salvage Outlook Data
Though Outlook has quantities of functions, it cannot get rid of errors as well. And in worse situations, Outlook may crash abruptly. There is no doubt that once we meet crashes, our cherished data will be at risk. Therefore, we should make sufficient preparation, such as making regular backups and keeping a repair tool handy like DataNumen Outlook Repair. It can scan and repair Outlook within minutes.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including sql recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com