Converting text to table is a time-saving and convenient way to deal with large amount of data in Word. In this article, we will mainly look at how to realize the conversion.
Sometimes, we may need to edit a large table in word. Of course, we can input data to table cells one by one, however, it is troublesome and may take up a lot of time. Alternatively, another way is to fist split text with delimiters, and then convert these texts to a table, which is time saving and easy to implement. To realize conversion between table and Word text, you can refer to this article shown as below.
Convert Delimited Texts to a Table
A crucial step to be noted here is to use a delimiter to separate text properly. Generally, the limiters could be paragraphs, commas, tabs or other characters or symbols. Here, we choose commas to break the text.
- Below are some comma-separated texts, we take it as an example to show the conversion of text to table in Word. First, we should select the following text with the cursor.
- Switch to “Insert” page, and then click “table” button. Next, choose “Convert Text to Table”.
- In the subsequent pop up window, make sure we select “Commas” under “Separate text at”. Then, click “OK”.
- Now we can see that the above comma-separated texts have been automatically converted to a table.
Convert the Table Back to Texts
Sometimes, we may also want to extract data from a table in an efficient way. In this section, we will talk about how to achieve that.
- If you only need to convert certain part of a table to texts, just select the targeted table cells. Otherwise, place the cursor on the table and click it.
- Switch to “Layout” page, and click “Convert to Text” button.
- Then, we choose “Tabs” in the following dialogue box and click “OK”. Until now, we can see that the selected table has been transformed to Word text.
Solution to Word File Corruption
Word is extensively used by people, and we need Word to do a lot of work for us in our daily life. However, it is hard to avoid word file corruption for any of us. To repair corrupted Word documents, we can utilize the in-built repair tool in Word. Sometimes, however, the problem may be beyond the healing capacity of the in-built recovery tool. Despite that, we can still resort to external doc repair tools, which have many powerful features and can scan and restore data from the file, ensuring very little loss of data.
Kelly Zhao is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including excel recovery and pdf repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com