At times, we may hope to hide the temporarily unneeded calendar items in Outlook. In this article, we will offer the fastest method, which enables you to hide unwanted items just by one right click.
For some reasons, sometimes Outlook users may want to hide unwanted items from view. When it comes to hiding items, “Filter” feature in view settings must be the best tool. But it would be cumbersome to individually add the unwanted items to “Filter” every time when we need. In reality, we can quickly accomplish it by one right click with the help of “Color Category”.
Step 1: Create a New Color Category
- At the very outset, launch Outlook program.
- Under “Home” tab, you will be able to find and click on “Categorize” button in “Tag” group. Then from its drop down list, you should select “All Categories”.
- In the new popup dialog box of “Color Categories”, take the following steps:
- Firstly, hit “New” button.
- Next assign a name to this category, such as “Hide”.
- Later click the down arrow next to in “Color” field and choose desired color from the drop down list.
- After that, click “OK”, you can see the new color category in the list.
- Ultimately press “OK” button.
Step 2: Customize a New View to Hide the New Category
- For a start, shift to Outlook Calendar pane, just by clicking “Calendar” icon in navigation pane.
- Then shift to “View” tab, click “Change View” and choose “Manage View” from the popup menu.
- Then click “New” button and specify a name for this new view, like “Hide”.
- Next click “OK” button. You will get into a new dialog box of “Advanced View Settings”. In it, click on “Filter” button.
- Subsequently, in the “Filter” dialog box, switch to “Advanced” tab. Then select “Categories” in “Field” box, choose “doesn’t contain” in “Condition” and type the category name “Hide” in “Value” box, like the following screenshot.
- After that, click “Add to List” button and hit several “OK” until all the dialog boxes are closed entirely.
- Finally when you back to Outlook Calendar, you can change the original view to the new view. In the new view, unwanted appointments in “Hide” category must be hidden. So move on the next step.
Step 3: Assign Unwanted Calendar Items to the New Category
- Now you can select the target calendar items which you want to hide.
- Then right click on the selected items and choose “Categorize” > “Hide” from the context menu.
From now on, whenever you would like to hide unwanted calendar items, you can directly right click the item and choose “Categorize” > “Hide” from the right clicking menu. It is considerably convenient.
Recur to a Stellar Repair Tool in Case of Outlook Crash
It would be good news that you’re holding a valid Outlook data backup in hand when encountering Outlook crashes. However, if unfortunately the backups only have limited value in that it is not current, you have no choice but to resort to a remarkable tool, like DataNumen Outlook Repair. It can repair PST corruption no matter how extremely PST file is damaged.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including repair mdf data corruption and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com