You will certainly need to work with many workbooks. Here we will demonstrate 3 methods to switch between multiple Excel workbooks.
If you need to deal with many Excel workbooks at the same time, you will certainly switch between those workbooks. And switch between multiple workbooks quickly can save you a lot of time. In the image below, we have opened 3 workbooks.
Below are the 3 methods that can help you to finish this task quickly.
Method 1: Use Shortcut Keys Combos
Shortcut keys combos are a very useful tool in Excel. Here you can also use shortcut keys to switch between workbooks. And there are two different combos that you can apply.
- Ctrl + Tab
This shortcut keys can switch between the different windows of the same application. Therefore, when you press this combo, you can switch between those workbooks quickly. If you continue using this combo, you will switch to other workbooks one by one.
- Alt + Tab
Different from the above combo, if you press this shortcut combo, you will switch between two certain windows. Here you can use this order. Press and hold the key “Alt”. And then press the button “Tab” on the keyboard. Now you can see this list as the image show below.
Keep holding the button “Alt”, and press the “Tab” until the name of the target workbook appear in the list. And at this moment, you can release the button “Alt”. Therefore, in using this method, you can not only switch between Excel workbooks, you can also move to other applications. And you can try to use the two different combos in your computer.
Method 2: Switch Windows in the Toolbar
You need to use the “Switch Windows” feature in the toolbar in this method.
- Click the tab “View” in the ribbon.
- And then click the button “Switch Windows” in the toolbar.
- Next you will see a submenu. Here choose the workbook that you need. When you click in the option, you will immediately switch to the workbook.
Method 3: Add a Button in the Quick Access Toolbar
Except for the above 2 methods, you can also add a button in the quick access toolbar.
- Click the small arrow in the quick access toolbar.
- And then choose the option “More Commands” in the menu.
- In the “Excel Options” window, choose the option “All Commands” in the “Choose commands from” window.
- Next drag the scroll bar until you see the option “Switch Windows”.
- Now click the “Switch Windows”.
- And then click the button “Add”.
- After that, click the button “OK” in the window. Thus, you have added the button in the quick access toolbar.
- Now click the button. And then you will see a new drop-down menu.
- In the menu, choose the workbook that you need.
From the above analysis, you can see that all the methods are very easy to use. And you choose one method according to your habit.
Excel Errors cannot be Predicted and can Lead to Data Loss
Sometimes you will meet with Excel errors. Those errors will happen at any time. In most cases, the errors will lead to data loss. To retrieve your lost data, you can turn to a third party tool for help. This tool can repair xls file and get back all your precious data and information.
Anna Ma is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including repair doc file and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com