In this article, I will introduce 3 methods to resolve the problems that users can’t find missing contact groups anywhere after set up them.
Once I encountered such a circumstance that I’ve just set up a contact group, but I couldn’t find it anywhere. I nearly rummaged all the possible pages, but it proved failure. After consulting with others, I search out my missing contact groups even if still couldn’t figure out the root causes. Now 3 methods will be imparted to you in detail.
Utilizing “List” View to Find Missing Contact Groups
As we all know, Outlook Contacts has four view styles by default, including “List” View. Besides, icon and font style of contact groups are different form contacts. The icon of contact groups is “two people side by side”, and its font is in bold. Thus we can make full use of ‘List” View to find the lost contact groups.
In the “View” ribbon, after selecting “Change View”, we can certainly see the “List” option. Click “List”, and all contacts and contact groups will be shown up. Then we can find out the missing contact groups.
Utilizing Instant Search to Find Missing Contact Groups
If we have lots of contacts and contact groups, instant search is a recommended method, which allows us not to see too many unrelated contacts.
- For a start, press a shortcut – “Ctrl + E” to open the search tool.
- Then we should type “messageclass:(distlist)” into the search field. Finally all contact groups will arise without unrelated contacts.
- After we find out the lost contact groups, we can easily click “X” at the end of search field to exit “Search Tool” page.
Customizing a Filtered View to Find Missing Contact Groups
- Select “View” ribbon and pitch on “View Settings”. In the popup window, click “Filter” button and then click on “Advanced” Tab.
- Type or select “message class” in the “Field” field.
- Select “Contains” in “Condition” field.
- Type “distlist” in “Value” field.
- Then click on “Add to List” button.
- Next click “Ok” to save the view settings.
Finally return to Outlook, we could see only contact groups listed. We can find out the lost contact groups in patience. After finding out, we can select “Reset View” button to restore view default settings.
What Users Must Do When Meeting Outlook Crashes
From time to time, variety of errors may occur to Outlook. Contact groups’ missing is just the small case. In more severe situations, Outlook Crashes may happen so that outlook files will get corrupted and lost. When users meet outlook crashes, users must select a kind of outlook repair tool. For instance, DataNumen Outlook Repair is highly recommended due to its time-saving feature and high recovery rate.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including sql recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com