In this post, we want to share with you 3 easy ways to permanently remove hidden texts in your Word document.
Out of protection, we set some texts hidden in document. However, it’s no rocket science for others to find and see the hidden texts if they mean to. For methods to find hidden texts, you can refer to this article: 4 Easy Ways to Find Hidden Texts in Your Word Document
As you see, there is a risk of exposing confidential information. So, here we are today to offer you 3 easy ways to permanently remove hidden texts to prevent from data leaking.
Method 1: Use “Find and Replace”
- First of all, click “Show/Hide” command under “Home” tab to show all hidden texts and marks in document.
- Then press “Ctrl+ H” to trigger “Find and Replace” box.
- Put insertion pointer inside “Find what” text box.
- Then click “More” tab to bring out more options.
- Click “Format” tab on the left-down corner.
- And choose “Font”.
- In the “Find Font” box, check “Hidden” box and click “OK”.
- Then back to “Find and Replace” box, leave “Replace with” text box blank and click “Replace All”.
Method 2: Inspect Document for Hidden Texts
- To start with, click “File” tab to switch to background stage.
- Then make sure “Info”.
- Next click “Check for Issues” and choose “Inspect Document”.
- In “Document Inspector” window, click “Inspect”.
- Then in “Hidden Text” section, click “Remove All”.
You will have hidden texts all removed.
Method 3: Run Word Macro
Another way to remove all hidden texts is to run a Word macro. Just follow these leads:
- First and foremost, press “Alt+ F11” to open VBA editor.
- Then click on “Normal” on the left column.
- Next create a new module by clicking “Insert” tab on menu bar.
- And choose “Module” on drop-down menu.
- Then double click the newly created module to open the coding space on the right side.
- And paste the following macro there:
Sub RemoveHiddenTextsInDoc() ActiveWindow.ActivePane.View.ShowAll = Not ActiveWindow.ActivePane.View.ShowAll With Selection.Find .ClearFormatting .Replacement.ClearFormatting .Font.Hidden = True .Text = "" .Replacement.Text = "" .Forward = True .Wrap = wdFindContinue .Format = True .MatchCase = False .MatchWildcards = False .MatchWholeWord = False .MatchAllWordForms = False .MatchSoundsLike = False .Execute Replace:=wdReplaceAll End With ActiveWindow.ActivePane.View.ShowAll = Not ActiveWindow.ActivePane.View.ShowAll End Sub
- Last but not the least, click “Run” button or hit “F5”.
Take Care of Your Information
Living in a high information society, it’s of extreme importance to well keep valuable data. Once it gets compromised, the outcome can be overwhelming. The worst is you career could be on the line. Therefore, we want to introduce you an advanced Word recovery tool to reduce the downtime if any bad luck falls.
Vera Chen is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including xls fix and pdf repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com