In this article, we are delighted to share with you 3 fast methods to browse by table in your Word document.
Generally, a Word document contains more than just texts. There are also tables and images, to name just a few. Sometimes, it can be a distraction to have too many objects. For instance, your document includes many a tables, which are the only objects you want to navigate. Will you waste time scrolling up and down to manually position a table? Lucky for us, there are means in Word to meet such a requirement.
Method 1: Use “Select Browse Object” Command
- Before all, press “Ctrl+ Home” to go to the beginning of the document.
- Then at the end of the scroll bar, there is a round button called “Select Browse Object”. Click it.
- And on the pop up menu, select “Browse by Table”.
- The Word shall take you to the first table in the document. Click the “Previous Table” or “Next Table” before or after to jump to desired table.
Method 2: Use “Go To” Feature
- Similarly, press “Ctrl+ Home” to go to the beginning of document.
- Next, under “Home” tab, click the drop-down button next “Find” command.
- On the menu choose “Go To”.
- In the “Find and Replace” box, select “Table”.
- You can enter a number to specify a specific table and then click “Go To”.
- Use the “Previous” or “Next” to go to another table.
Method 3: Insert Table of Figures
- First and foremost, place your insertion pointer at the place where the list goes.
- Then click “References” tab in the Ribbon.
- And in “Captions” group, click “Insert Table of Figures”.
- In the window open, go to “General” section and choose “Table” for caption label.
- Next check the “Include label and number” box.
- Besides, check “Use hyperlinks instead of page numbers” box.
- Then click “OK” to save changes.
You will get a list of tables. Follow “Ctrl+ Click” to go to the table you want to navigate. Here is what you will get:
Comparison of 3 Methods
|Method 1: Use “Select Browse Object” Command||The quickest way||You can’t search for a specific table and go to it quickly.|
|Method 2: Use “Go To” Feature||You can enter a table number to jump to it quickly.||You can search for table number but not the name.|
|Method 3: Insert Table of Figures||You get a list of tables and can jump to a specific table, following the hyperlink.||You will have to go back to the list table manually.|
Quickly Recover Broken Document
In case of minimizing the impact of unpredictable collapse of software and computers, many people would generate a backup plan. Indeed, backups can be a helpful tool in times of emergency. But, you have to keep in mind that they are not as up-to-date as you need. Therefore, it’s not a bad idea to acquire a tool to fix Word in advance.
Vera Chen is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including corrupted xls and pdf repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com