If you would like to include a small survey in the message body of an Outlook email, you will definitely wish to insert checkboxes. This article will introduce 2 simple workarounds.
When it comes to carrying out a survey in Outlook, “Vote” feature will be the best choice. With regard to “Vote”, you can refer to another article – “Skillful Use of MS Outlook for Voting”. But if you hope to design a questionnaire directly in message body, which should include checkboxes, you can choose either from the following two methods.
Method 1: Utilize Symbols in Outlook
- At the outset, create a new Outlook email.
- Then compose the texts in message body as usual. And select the target texts which you want to add the checkboxes before.
- After that, switch to “Format Text” and click the down arrow of “Bullets” button. From the drop down list, select “Define New Bullet” option.
- In the popup “Define New Bullet” dialog box, click “Symbol” button.
- Next in “Symbol” dialog, choose the symbol which looks like checkbox.
- After selecting, click several “OK” until all the dialog boxes are closed.
- Finally you will see all the checkboxes have been added before the selected option texts in email message body. But these checkboxes are just symbols, so you cannot check off them.
Method 2: Recur to Checkbox Controls in MS Word
- To start with, open MS Word.
- Then switch to “Insert” tab and click “Table” button. Insert a new table with 2 columns.
- After that, verify whether “Developer” tab is enabled in MS Word. If not, go to “File” > “Options” > “Customize Ribbon” to activate “Developer” tab.
- Next in the document interface, switch to “Developer” tab. Put your cursor in the cell where you wish to insert checkbox control. And click on “Check Box Content Control” button in the group of “Controls”.
- Repeat the step 4 to insert several checkbox controls, and input the concrete checkbox texts besides each cell of the checkbox controls.
- Later select the entire table and shift to “Layout” tab in “Table Tools”. Click “AutoFit” > “AutoFit Contents” to adjust the table size.
- Copy the selected table by “Ctrl + C” key buttons.
- Turn to Outlook and create a new email. In the new message window, press “Ctrl + V” to paste the copied table. Now you will get the table with clickable checkbox control in an Outlook email. You can check off the options at will.
- Finally you can compose the email and click “Send” button to send it out as usual.
By this means, the created checkboxes in your Outlook are clickable. But from the perspective of recipients, the checkboxes in their received email aren’t clickable. Thus, if you would like to create selectable checkbox for recipients, you can apply Outlook “Vote” feature.
Be Careful about Email Borne Viruses
In Outlook, viruses are usually disguised as innocuous things in email, like embedded links, pictures and so on. All in all, users should watch out for them. Plus, it is prudent to get hold of a top-of-the-line repair tool, such as DataNumen Outlook Repair, which specializes in PST recovery. Hence it is capable of getting back maximum data irrespective of how extreme the Outlook damage is.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including sql recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com