Outlook permits us to flag the messages to remind ourselves to deal with later. Someone also wants to stick flagged messages at the top of email list. Here is a method.
I am used to flagging the messages that I plan to tackle later. Moreover, I also prefer to utilize flag to mark some special emails. In conclusion, flagged messages are considerably significant in my Outlook. Thus I want to stick them at the top of email list so that I can quickly access them. If you are interested in it as well, my solutions are shared as followings.
Group All Emails by Flag Status
- For a start, switch to “View” tab and click “View Settings” button in the ribbon of “Current View”.
- Then in the popup dialog box, click “Group By” button.
- Next in another new dialog box, you should unselect “Automatically group…”
- Under “Group Items by” label, click the down arrow and select “Flag Status” from the dropdown list.
- As for the sorting order, I recommend you to choose “Descending”.
- Finally click a series of “OK” to return to Outlook.
Hide Completed Flagged Messages
Clicking the flag will mark the message as completed. But the completed one still positions at the top. In this case, you can right click it and select “Clear Flag” option. Alternatively, you can hide the completed flagged message.
- To start with, click “View Settings” under “View” tab.
- Then in the new dialog, click “Filter” button.
- Next in another dialog, switch to “Advanced” tab.
- Enter “Flag Completed Date” in Field. Select “Does not Exist” in Condition. Value field will be grayed out automatically. Click “Add to list” button.
- Finally click several “OK” to return to Outlook.
Create a Search Folder for Flagged Messages
Apart from the above, it is also advisable to create a specific search folder for flagged messages. Actually this approach is much easier.
- Click “Search Folder” and select “New Search Folder”.
- In the subsequent dialog box, select “Mail flagged for follow up” and click “OK”.
Then all flagged messages will be copied into this folder. As long as you mark one as completed, it will vanish from this folder. But you can still check it in its original folder.
How to Recover Compromised Outlook Files
It is a great pity that Outlook is vulnerable to corruption. Hence making a regular backup is a matter of necessity. However, if backups don’t comprise your recent data, you have no choice but to resort to third party software like DataNumen Outlook Repair. It can recover Outlook files by minimizing data corruption within seconds.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including sql recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com