In the article below, we will look at the way to save and reuse style set in your Word document.
Occasionally, when you create a Word document with special style, you may find it time-consuming to change these default settings one by one. Actually, you can absolutely add your own special templates to the “Style Set” in Word. As a result, you can save a lot of time by just applying the newly created template to a new Word document.
Here we will go through the way of how to modify, add and apply styles in Word documents.
Modify the Default Styles in Word
In order to apply your own style to your Word files, you must modify certain default settings first. Following are detailed descriptions:
- First and foremost, click “Home” on the “Menu Bar”.
- Click the default style you want to change. For instance, we here use changing “Heading 1” as an example. If so, you need to click “Heading 1” in the “Styles” group.
- Next, right click “Heading 1”.
- On the drop-down menu, you should choose “Modify” option.
- Now in the “Modify Style” window, you can set the format according to your specific requirements. For example, you are able to change the font style as well as its size.
- Then, check the “Add to Quick Style list” box on the left-down side of the window.
- Next, go on to choose the “Only in this document” option which is just below the “Add to Quick Style list” box.
- Last but not the least, click “OK” to finish the job.
- Now, select your heading.
- Then click “Heading 1” in “Styles” group. You shall notice your modification works.
- Similarly, utilize this method to reset other default styles.
Save Special Styles to “Style Set” in Word
If you finish operating the whole document in the above way, it’s time to add this document style to the “Style Set” in Word. Details come in the following words:
- Select the whole document.
- Then click “Home”.
- Next, click “Change Styles”.
- On the drop-down menu, choose “Style Set” option.
- Click “Save as Quick Style Set”.
- Now, the “Save as Quick Style Set” window will pop up. Type the file name in text box.
- Click “Save”.
Apply Special Styles to Your Word Document
- Double click so as to open a Word document to which you want to apply a special style.
- Repeat from the aforementioned step 2 to step 4.
- Only this time, you can see the style with a name you just saved on the drop-down menu. Choose it. The new document shall take on the style you choose.
Never Underestimate Backups
Knowing how to add and apply styles to Word files can be a great help. However, like we always say, any wrong operation can result in file loss. Thus, just get into the habit of backing up your files on a regular basis. With a backup at hand, you can get through the doc repair.
Vera Chen is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including excel recovery and pdf repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com