At times, when the reminder window pops up, you may click “Dismiss All” button by mistake. After you realize it, if you want to restore the dismissed reminders, you can use the method shared in this article. Here we’ll take task reminders as an example.
After you accidentally and mistakenly dismiss all the popup reminders, you must be going to restore them. In this case, the only difficult matter is to find the items corresponding to the dismissed reminders and then reactivate the reminders on them. In fact, you can make use of “last modified time” to find the right items and then batch restore all of their reminders with VBA. Thereinafter, we’ll take tasks as example and expose the elaborate steps to you.
Quickly Restore Dismissed Task Reminders
- At the very outset, in Outlook main window, press “Alt + F11” key buttons to access VBA editor.
- Then, copy and paste the VBA code below into an unused module.
Sub RestoreReminders() Dim objSelection As Outlook.Selection Dim objItem As Object 'Get the selected item Set objSelection = Application.ActiveExplorer.Selection If objSelection.Count Then For Each objItem In objSelection 'Check if the item had a reminder or not previously If objItem.ReminderTime <> #1/1/4501# Then objItem.ReminderSet = True objItem.Save End If Next End If End Sub
- After that, close the “Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications” window.
- Later, add this new macro to Quick Access Toolbar. As for the concrete steps, you can refer to the article – “How to Run VBA Code in Your Outlook”.
- Next, you can head to a Task folder.
- Subsequently, click into the search box.
- Then, select “All Task Items” in the “Scope” group of “Search” ribbon.
- Afterwards, you need to input the “modified:<date>” in the search bar. About the “<date>”, replace it with the concrete date when you mistakenly dismiss the reminders (causing the modification), like the following screenshot:
- Finally, find out and pitch on the tasks whose reminders are dismissed.
- Lastly, click the macro button in Quick Access Toolbar.
- When the macro completes, the reminders of all the selected tasks would be restored successfully.
- Plus, if the reminders was originally scheduled in the past, you will see the reminder window again, like the following screenshot:
Take Aid of Other Reliable Repair Utility
When Outlook corruption is highly beyond the capacity of inbox repair tool, you will receive error messages, like “The Inbox Repair Tool does not recognize the file” and so on. In this scenario, you have no choice but to fall back on other tools, like DataNumen Outlook Repair. It’s well-versed in PST repair. Therefore, it’s able to recover PST data in quick time without any hassles.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including corrupt sql and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com