This article mainly looks at how to export the emails in a selected date range. Exporting to Excel files can benefit data statistics. And exporting to PST files can reduce the current using PST file size, thereby decreasing the chances of corruption.
To export emails in a specific date range to Excel files, you won’t be able to see the email contents. But you can accomplish it just via instant search. In contrast, exporting to PST files will demand more operations. Now read on to learn the concrete steps more elaborately.
Export to Excel Files
- To start with, in Outlook Mail pane, click in the search box.
- Then type “received:2016/8/20..2016/8/29” in the search box. You can change the data range as per your needs.
- After the emails in the date range appear in the mail list, select all of them. Click on one mail and press “Ctrl + A”. And right click the email and choose “Copy”.
- Next open MS Excel and create a new workbook.
- Click on the Cell A1 and press “Ctrl + C” to paste the copied search results. Soon the emails will be listed here under the same columns in Outlook.
- Finally save the workbook.
Export to PST Files
- At the beginning, head to “File” > “Open” > “Import”.
- In the dialog box of “Import and Export Wizard”, select “Export to a file” and click “Next”.
- Then in “Export to a file” screen, select “Outlook Data File” and click “Next”.
- In “Export Outlook Data File” screen, select “Inbox” folder and click “Filter” button.
- Next in the new popup dialog box of “Filter”, switch to “Advanced” tab.
- You should set “Fields” to “Received”. Click “Field” > “All Mail fields” > “Received”.
- In “Conditions”, select “between”.
- And in “Value”, you should enter “2016/8/20 and 2016/8/29” alike.
- Lastly, click “Add to List” and press “OK” button.
- You will back to “Export Outlook Data File” window. Click “Next” button.
- Click “Browse” button to specify the location to save the exported PST file and name it.
- Eventually after clicking “Finish” button, you will see that a small dialog box pops up. It demands you to create a password for the new Outlook file. You can decide it according to your needs.
Henceforth, you have exported the emails in the specific data range to a separate PST file. You can find it at your set destination folder. Deleting the exported emails in the original PST file can reduce its size, thereby reducing the possibility of PST corruption.
What to Do in Case of Outlook Crashes
Despite boasting of multiple functions, Outlook is error prone as well. Besides, it may crash without any omens. So what should do in case of crashes? Firstly, check backups. Secondly, use ScanPST to repair PST file. Lastly, if it fails, apply third party software, like DataNumen Outlook Repair.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including sql recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com