Outlook has some built-in kinds of stationery. Actually you’re also allowed to create personalized stationery as per you preference. This article will introduce how to create and apply custom stationery in detail.
Sometimes, it is difficult for a plain email to attract the recipients. If you can use stationery for the emails, it would be much more attractive. Fortunately, Outlook comes packed with some types of stationery by default, shown as the following screenshot. Also, if you don’t like the internal stationery, you can create and use custom stationery likewise. Here are the elaborate operations to achieve it.
Create Custom Stationery
- At the very outset, launch Outlook and create a new email message.
- Then in the subsequent New Message window, you can begin to design the message format at will, such as adding a picture as the message background.
- Firstly, switch to “Options” tab and click on “Page Color” button.
- And then from the drop down list, select “Fill Effects” option.
- In the next “Fill Effects” dialog box, shift to “Picture” tab and hit “Select Picture” button. In the new popup window, browse to and double click on the target picture.
- After selecting the image, click “OK” button.
- Ultimately you will return to the Message window and find that the email has been filled with the selected picture.
- After configuring the message format, go to “File” menu and select “Save As” option.
- Next in the new “Save As” window, copy “%appdata%\microsoft\stationery” in the address bar and press “Enter” key button to jump to the destination folder.
- After that, specify a name for the file. Here I name it as “Clover”. And select “HTML” from the “Save as type” drop down list.
- Finally click “Save” button. So far, the custom stationery is created in success. Now move on to read how to use it.
Use Custom Stationery
1. Apply to One Email
- To start with, in Outlook main window, click “New Items” > “E-mail Message Using” > “More Stationery”.
- Then in the new dialog box of “Theme or Stationery”, you can easily locate and select the custom stationery in the left theme list.
- Lastly click “OK”. And a new message using the selected stationery will open up at once.
2. Apply to All Emails
- For a start, go to “File” menu and select “Options”.
- In the “Outlook Options”, switch to “Mail” tab and click on “Stationery and Fonts” button.
- Next in the “Signatures and Stationery” dialog box, click on “Theme” button on “Personal Stationery” tab.
- Later select the custom stationery.
- Eventually click a series of “OK” to close all the dialog boxes. From now on, all the new emails will use the custom stationery by default.
Cannot Escape from Outlook Errors
Outlook errors must have plagued regular users for a long time. However, to be honest, it is impossible to eradicate the errors. Thus what we can do is to make backups in case of Outlook data loss. Also, keeping an experienced repair tool in vicinity, like DataNumen Outlook Repair, is a matter of necessity as well. It’s able to repair Outlook email error in quick time.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including repair SQL Server database corruption and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com