If you want to create a new email and append all the attachments in several other emails to the new mail, you can use the method introduced in this article. It’ll teach you to use VBA to get it like a breeze.
At times, you may need to batch copy all the attachments from multiple emails to a new email. Of course, you can select to do it manually, simply by first saving them to local drive and then attaching them to a newly created email one by one. However, apparently, by this means, it will be a quite tedious task. Therefore, why don’t you utilize VBA to quickly realize it? In the followings, we will expose you the elaborate operations and corresponding VBA codes.
Batch Copy All Attachments from Multiple Emails to a New Email
- At the very outset, start your Outlook program as usual.
- Next in the main Outlook window, press “Alt + F11” key buttons.
- In the subsequent “Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications” window, insert a new module or open a module which is not in use.
- Then copy and paste the following VBA codes into such a module.
Sub NewEmailwithAttachmentsinSeveralEmails() Dim objSelection As Outlook.Selection Dim objMail As Outlook.MailItem Dim objAttachment As Outlook.Attachment Dim objFileSystem As Object Dim strFilePath As String Dim objNewMail As Outlook.MailItem Set objSelection = Outlook.Application.ActiveExplorer.Selection Set objNewMail = Outlook.Application.CreateItem(olMailItem) On Error Resume Next For Each objMail In objSelection For Each objAttachment In objMail.attachments 'Save all the attachments to temporary folder Set objFileSystem = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") strFilePath = objFileSystem.GetSpecialFolder(2).Path & "\" & objAttachment.filename objAttachment.SaveAsFile (strFilePath) 'Add the attachments to the new email objNewMail.attachments.Add (strFilePath) 'Delete the temporary files objFileSystem.DeleteFile (strFilePath) Next Next 'Show the new email objNewMail.Display End Sub
- After that, you should proceed to add the new VBA project to Quick Access Toolbar. You can complete it in “Outlook Options”.
- Later you ought to change your Outlook macro security level to low.
- Finally you can have a try.
- Firstly, press “Ctrl” key and select several emails whose attachments you want to copy.
- Then hit the new macro button in the Quick Access Toolbar.
- Immediately, a new email will pop up with all the attachments attached.
Challenge Frequent Outlook PST Issues
As Outlook PST issues can occur now and then, you should spend a lot of efforts to safeguard your PST data. For instance, you had better back up your PST data on a regular basis, such that you will be able to get back the corrupt Outlook data from backups without breaking a sweat. Moreover, you have to keep a reputable tool in vicinity, like DataNumen Outlook Repair.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including repair mdf and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com