You may have noticed that the canceled meetings will still exist in your calendar. It demands you to remove it manually, which is too troublesome. Thus, you must wish that Outlook can auto remove canceled meetings. This post will help you realize it.
Actually, my previous article – “How to Remove Canceled Meetings from Outlook Calendar Tactfully” has introduced few tips to delete canceled meetings manually. Also, in the last section of that article, there is a way to let Outlook auto remove the canceled meetings. But that method will also let Outlook auto accept all the meeting invitation. This is not what you want at times. Therefore, here we’ll show you another way, which is pretty simple and much more convenient.
Auto Remove Canceled Meetings from Calendar
- At the very outset, start your Outlook program.
- Then, you ought to press “Alt + F11” key buttons in Outlook window.
- Next, in the subsequent VBA editor window, you need to double click on the “ThisOutlookSession” project on the left side.
- Subsequently, you should copy the following VBA code into this project.
Private WithEvents objInbox As Outlook.Folder Private WithEvents objItems As Outlook.Items Private Sub Application_Startup() Set objInbox = Application.Session.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderInbox) Set objItems = objInbox.Items End Sub 'Occurs when the meeting cancellation arrives in your Inbox Private Sub objItems_ItemAdd(ByVal Item As Object) Dim objCalendar As Outlook.Folder Dim objAppointments As Outlook.Items Dim i As Long Dim objMeeting As Outlook.AppointmentItem If TypeOf Item Is MeetingItem Then If Left(LCase(Item.Subject), 9) = "canceled:" Then 'Remove canceled meeting Set objCalendar = Application.Session.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderCalendar) Set objAppointments = objCalendar.Items For i = objAppointments.count To 1 Step -1 Set objAppointment = objAppointments.Item(i) If Left(objAppointment.Subject, 9) = "Canceled:" Then objAppointment.Delete End If Next End If End If End Sub
- After that, you can assign a digital certificate to this project. Click “Tools” and choose “Digital Signature”. Then follow the wizard to complete it.
- Later, close the “Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications” window and head to change your Outlook macro settings to permit signed macros.
- Eventually, you could restart your Outlook to enable the new VBA project.
- Since then, every time when a meeting cancellation arrives in your Inbox, the macro will start and auto remove the canceled meeting from the calendar.
Make Full Use of Inbox Repair Tool
Many Outlook users may have been plagued by assorted issues in their Outlook, including small malfunctions, error messages, and sudden not responding as well as serious damages, etc. To be honest, for the small issues, Outlook has an inbuilt repair tool – Scanpst, which can fix them with ease. Thereby, when coming across troubles in Outlook, you can use it to take a shot. If it fails, you could continue to take aid of an experienced and remarkable third party tool, such as DataNumen Outlook Repair.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including sql recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com