In Outlook, if you often need to forward the meeting invitation which you accept to a specific person, you will long for a method, which can achieve the “Auto Forward”. In this article, we will share you such a smart approach.
For some reasons, like adding the meeting to your assistant’s calendar, you may be always required to forward the accepted meeting invitation to your assistant. In this scenario, you can utilize the following method, which can accomplish both “accept” and “forward” actions at the same time simply via one click.
Auto Forward a Meeting Invitation to a Specific Person when Accepting It
- At the very outset, start your Outlook application.
- Then, after getting to its main window, you need to hit “Alt + F11” keys.
- Next, you will enter the “Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications” window, in which you have to open an empty module.
- Subsequently, copy and paste the following code into this module.
Sub AutoForwardMeetingInvitation_WhenAccepting() Dim objMeetingInvitation As Outlook.MeetingItem Dim objMeeting As Outlook.AppointmentItem Dim objMeetingResponse As Outlook.MeetingItem Dim objForwardMeeting As Outlook.MeetingItem Select Case TypeName(Application.ActiveWindow) Case "Explorer" Set objMeetingInvitation = ActiveExplorer.Selection.Item(1) Case "Inspector" Set objMeetingInvitation = ActiveInspector.CurrentItem End Select If TypeOf objMeetingInvitation Is MeetingItem Then Set objMeeting = objMeetingInvitation.GetAssociatedAppointment(True) 'accept the meeting Set objMeetingResponse = objMeeting.Respond(olMeetingAccepted) objMeetingResponse.Send 'Forward meeting invitation Set objForwardMeeting = objMeetingInvitation.Forward With objForwardMeeting 'Change the specific recipient .Recipients.Add ("firstname.lastname@example.org") .Send End With End If End Sub
- After that, you can exit the current window.
- Then head to ““File” menu and hit “Options” button.
- In the “Outlook Options” window, you can switch to “Quick Access Toolbar” tab.
- Next follow the steps in the screenshot below to add the new macro to Quick Access Toolbar.
- Later you can back to the mail navigation pane as usual.
- Finally you can take a shot:
- For a start, select or open a meeting invitation in the mail list.
- Then, click on the macro button in Quick Access Toolbar.
- At once, you’ll see two items in the Outbox. One is the accepted response to the meeting organizer. The other one is forwarded meeting invitation to the predefined recipient.
Respond to Outlook Errors Properly
As we all know, Outlook is error prone. Thereby, you should learn some effective tricks to deal with them. In general, you can try to fix them by restarting Outlook in safe mode. If the errors persist, you could choose to repair Office suite, rebuild Outlook profile or recur to the inbuilt tool. But if all of the above means fail, you have to choice but to employ a much more potent tool, like DataNumen Outlook Repair. It can repair PST issues like a breeze.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including sql recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com