As a rule, Outlook can’t automatically recognize the special words and it will mark them as spelling mistakes unless you add them to the custom dictionary. This article will introduce how to add or remove words in your custom dictionary.
More often than not, when you type a special word, like “DataNumen”, Outlook will not be able to identify it and will flag the word as a spelling mistake with the wavy red line. If you’ve confirm that it is correct, actually you can add it into your Outlook custom dictionary. Thereafter, Outlook won’t identify it as a mistake any longer. You’re permitted to remove undesired words from the dictionary as well. Here we will introduce the techniques in detail.
Add Words to Custom Dictionary When Checking Spelling & Grammar
- For a start, start Outlook and create a new email.
- Then in the new message window, you can type the desired words which you intend to add to custom dictionary, like the following screenshot:
- Next switch to “Review” tab and click on “Spelling & Grammar” button.
- Later a new dialog box will open, in which press “Add to Dictionary” button.
- Finally click “OK” to save it.
Add Words to Custom Dictionary via the Right Clicking Menu
In addition, there is an alternative to add the words to custom dictionary while composing the message.
- You can type the word in the message body as usual.
- After seeing the wavy red line under the word, you should click into the word, namely put the cursor in it and then right click it.
- Finally from the popup right clicking menu, you can find and select “Add to Dictionary” option.
Add or Remove Words in “Edit Options”
The two methods introduced above can allow us to add the special words into the dictionary. But if you added some misspelled words to custom dictionary by mistakes, you must hope to remove them.
- At the very outset, go to “File” menu and select “Options”.
- Then in the popup “Outlook Options” window, shift to “Mail” tab and click on “Spelling and AutoCorrect” button.
- Next in the “Edit Options” window, click on “Custom Dictionaries” under the “Proofing” tab.
- Later in the new dialog box, you need to hit “Edit Word List” button.
- After that, it will open the custom dictionary. You can add or remove words at will.
- To add a word, type it in “Word(s)” field and click “Add” button.
- To remove a word, select it in “Dictionary” box, and click “Delete” button.
- Eventually click several “OK” to save the changes until all the dialog boxes are closed.
Retrieve PST Data after Corruption
It is unquestioned fact that Outlook is prone to damages. Therefore, we should keep prepared for the worst situations. For example, we have to make a regular backup for Outlook data. Plus, it is prudent to get hold of a proven repair tool, like DataNumen Outlook Repair. It will come in handy for PST data damage recovery.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including repair SQL Server database problem and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com