Many users have the wish to link several tasks with an appointment in Outlook. In this article, we will focus on this issue and introduce 2 approaches.
Sometimes, we indeed hope to associate task with appointment in Outlook. For example, we have an important appointment in our Outlook calendar. Before the appointment, we need to do some additional preparations. So we create several individual tasks for this appointment. At this point, we must wish to link these items. In response to this issue, here are two methods.
Method 1: Link Tasks with an Appointment via “Insert Outlook Items”
- To begin with, start Outlook and go to Task pane.
- Then in the correct task folder, you ought to create several separate tasks. It will look like the following screenshot:
- After that, turn to Outlook calendar pane and click on “New Appointment”.
- In the new appointment window, you can compose the appointment as usual, such as subject, location, body and so on.
- After finishing filling in the concrete appointment info, you should switch to “Insert” tab and press “Outlook Items” button in “Include” group.
- Next in the new dialog box of “Insert Item”, you should take the steps below:
- Firstly browse to and pitch on the source task folder.
- And then select the target tasks from the following task list.
- Next ensure insert as “Attachment”.
- Lastly click “OK” button.
- Finally you will see that the tasks are inserted in the appointment body. You can hit “Save & Close” button to activate the new appointment.
Method 2: Link Tasks with an Appointment by Means of OneNote
- For a start, open the source appointment in its own window.
- In the appointment window, click on the “OneNote” button in “Actions” group under the “Event” tab.
- Then a new dialog box of “Select Location in OneNote”, you should choose a location to put the appointment, such as “General”. And click “OK”.
- After that, you will get into OneNote app with a new page, in which you can see the appointment information. Now you should input the information of separate tasks, like the following screenshot:
- Now you should place the cursor in front of the task item or paragraph which you wish to convert into Outlook task, shown as the picture below:
- Next click on the “Outlook Tasks” button in the ribbon and select when you hope the task will be due. You will see that the corresponding flag will be added in front of the item or paragraph.
- After adding the flags, you can close OneNote window and return to Outlook.
- In Outlook Task folder, you will see the tasks created in OneNote. And each task has an OneNote attachment in the body. When you double click on it, the previous OneNote page will open, which contains the appointment info.
Resolve Outlook Problems
Various issues can take place when we use Outlook, like sudden “No Responding”, popup error messages and so on. In reality, these problems can originate from Outlook misconfiguration, human errors or PST file errors, etc. In the instance of PST file, the most logical choice is using Scanpst.exe to scan and fix Outlook PST file error. If it fails, you can proceed to resort to third party software.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including repair SQL Server db corruption and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com