You can use add-ins in Excel to fulfill some complex task. And in this article, we will introduce how to add and disable add-ins in Excel.
If you need to use add-ins in Excel, you need to add and activate it into Excel. On the other hand, if you don’t need to use add-ins, you can also disable it. Here we will demonstrate the steps to add and disable add-ins in Excel.
- Click “File” in the ribbon.
- And then click the button “Options”.
- In the “Excel Options” window, choose the option “Add-ins”.
- Next choose the type of add-ins in the “Manage” textbox. Here we choose the “Excel Add-ins” as an example”.
- Next click the button “Go” next to the “Manage”.
- And then the window of “Add-Ins” will pop up. In this window, check the option that you need. Here we check the “Analysis ToolPak” in the window. If you need to install other add-ins, you can click the button “Browse” to add it. Besides, some add-ins require running installation packages. You need to run it in your computer.
- After that, click the button “OK”.
- Now you can come back and check the result. The “Analysis ToolPak” will be added in the tab of “Data”. Thus, here click the tab “Data” in the ribbon. You can see that the add-in has already appeared in the toolbar.
Therefore, whenever you need to use this tool, you can click the tab “Data” and select it.
Now if you don’t need to use the add-ins, you can also remove it from the toolbar.
- Click “File” in the ribbon.
- And then click the button “Options” to activate the “Excel Options” window.
- Here still choose the “Add-ins”.
- In the manage text box, choose the type of the add-in that you need to disable. Here we need to disable the “Analysis ToolPak”, therefore we choose the “Excel Add-Ins”.
- And then click the button “Go”.
- In the “Add-Ins” window, uncheck the add-in that you don’t need.
- Next click the button “OK”.
- Thus, this “Analysis ToolPak” will not appear in the toolbar.
Actually, this method only removes the Excel add-in from the ribbon. The add-in is still in your computer. If you need to delete the add-in from your computer, you need to uninstall the add-ins. Therefore, don’t mix these two different concepts.
In addition, as for removing the “Com Add-Ins”, things are different. You can select the add-in and then click the button “Remove”. And then you can remove it from your computer.
Be Careful When Using Add-ins in Excel
Even if you can acquire a lot of convenience from add-ins, you still need to be careful. Some malicious hacker will develop add-ins that can steal your data and information. And even worse, your file will be damaged due to the abnormal add-ins. When such accident happens, you can use our repair tool to repair xls corruption and other errors in Excel. This tool is exactly the insurance for your file.
Anna Ma is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including repair doc damage and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com