So as to separate email message body from signature more clearly, you can add a horizontal line in the signature. This article will focus on this issue and offer a handy approach.
When I receive an email which contains a long content, I notice that the boundary between message body and signature is unsharp. Therefore, I wish that this kind of situation won’t occur to my outgoing emails. So I would like to design and add a colorful horizontal line to my Outlook signature. Here are the elaborate steps of my solution.
Add a Colored Horizontal Line to Outlook Signature
- For a start, launch Outlook program and create a new email.
- After getting into the new popup window, you should shift from “Message” tab to “Format Text” tab.
- Under this tab, you would be required to find and click “Bottom Border” icon in the group of “Paragraph”. And from its drop down list, you need to select “Horizontal Line” option.
- Now you will see a single horizontal line in default style. You should right click on the line and choose “Format Horizontal Line” from the popup context menu.
- Then a new dialog box of “Format Horizontal Line” will turn up, in which you could follow the steps below to change the style of the line.
- At first, with respect to “Width”, it refers to the length of the horizontal line. 100% indicates that it will take up the whole line in an email.
- As for the height, it refers to the thickness of the line.
- About the color, you could choose your preferred color from the drop down list.
- Next, if you’ve changed the width, you should decide where to align the horizontal line, left, center or right. As a rule, the signature keeps left. Thus it is suggested to choose left or center.
- Lastly, click “OK” to save your designs.
- When you back to the message window, you ought to pitch on the horizontal line and right click to copy it. Or press “Ctrl + C” to copy it.
- Next switch to “Insert” tab and click “Signature” > “Signatures”.
- In the subsequently emerging dialog box of “Signature and Stationery”, you should select the target signature to be added the line at first. After that, you need to turn to “Edit signature” section. Put the cursor at the place where to insert the separator line. Right click and choose “Paste”. Or press “Ctrl + V” to paste the copied line.
- Finally you will see that the separate line in your designed format has been added to the signature successfully.
Shield Outlook from Corruptions
Owing to the fact that Outlook is prone to corruption, we should take adequate precautions to block unwanted damages. Besides, keeping a powerful PST repair tool nearby, such as DataNumen Outlook Repair, is also badly in need. It can get back maximum data for you in the event of an unanticipated Outlook crash.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including sql recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com