In this article, there are 5 useful ways for you to insert large quotation marks around a paragraph text in your Word document.
While drafting a Word document, there can be times to quote texts. And these texts need to stand out. Today, we will focus on discussing about 5 distinguished solutions to insert a pair of large quotation marks around the quoted texts.
Method 1: Enlarge the Font Size of Quotation Marks
The first method occurring to our mind shall be enlarging the font size of marks directly. Type quotation marks and select them. Then click the drop-down button on “Font Size” command to choose a number. Here is the possible result:
As you see, there will be uneven line spacing showing in the texts, which is not ideal.
Method 2: Insert Quotation Marks into Text Boxes
- Firstly, put cursor at the place where the opening quote mark goes.
- Secondly, click “Insert”, “Text Box” and “Draw Text Box”.
- Thirdly, type an opening quote mark in the text box.
- Format the mark in proper font and size.
- Next drag the text box to adjust the quote mark position to texts.
- Now click on text box outline to activate the “Format” tab in the Ribbon.
- Click “Shape Fill” and choose “No Fill” on the menu.
- Next click “Shape Outline” and choose “No Outline”.
- Then put cursor at the position where the closing quote mark goes.
- Repeat from step 2 to 8 to format the closing quote mark.
Method 3: Insert a Text Box for the Texts
Still, we will manipulate the effect with a text box. But this time, we choose to put texts inside the text box.
- First of all, input quotation marks and format them properly. Remember to leave enough space between the 2 marks for texts.
- Next insert a text box and enter your texts there.
- Repeat step 6 to 8.
- Right click on text box outline and choose “Wrap Text”.
- And choose “Behind Text” option.
- Lastly, adjust the box position to marks.
Method 4: Save Quotation Marks as Pictures
- To start off, format quotation marks and save the opening and closing mark as picture separately.
- Next place cursor before texts and insert the picture of opening mark.
- Right click on the picture and choose “Wrap Text”, then “Behind Text”.
- Adjust the picture position to the texts.
- Repeat step 2 to 5 to the picture of closing mark.
Method 5: Use a Table Cell
- Similarly, insert a 1×1 table and enter an opening quote mark.
- Put the table before texts and adjust its position to texts.
- Select the table by clicking the plus sign on the upper-left corner.
- Next click “Design” tab and click on the drop-down button of “Borders” command.
- Choose “No Border”.
- Repeat step 1 to 5 to insert a closing quote mark.
Take Care of Your Word Document
Nowadays, data and documents are stored everywhere on any devices. Thus, once you are trapped with a damaged word, it’s urgent to get a utility to repair it as not to plague more documents.
Vera Chen is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including repair xls and pdf repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com