In this article, there will be 4 helpful ways for you to view and accept revisions from a particular reviewer in your Word document.
It’s quite often to have a document reviewed by multiple reviewers. And it’s not a rocket science to identify revisions from reviewer to reviewer. Besides, sometimes there can be the demand to just accept revisions from certain person. With all these possible needs in consideration, we present you 4 working methods.
2 Ways to View Revisions from One Specific Reviewer Only
First of all, there are the viewing methods.
Method 1: Choose Reviewer
- To start with, click “Review” tab.
- Then click “Show Markup” in “Tracking” group.
- On the drop-down menu, click “Reviewer”.
- Next on the expand menu, you can see all reviewers are tracked by default. You should uncheck “All Reviewers” first to hide all revisions.
- Then repeat first 3 steps. This time, tick the name of the reviewer whose revisions you want to observe, such as below:
Method 2: Use the “Go To” Feature
- Firstly, put cursor at the very beginning of the document.
- Then, click “Home” tab.
- Next click on the upside-down triangle near the “Find” command.
- Choose “Go To” to open the dialog box. “Ctrl+ G” is the shortcut combination.
- Now choose “Comment” in “Go to what” group.
- And select a reviewer.
- Finally, click “Next”. Your cursor will take you from the first comment to the last one. By the way, this method offers the view of comment only.
2 Ways to Accept Revisions from One Particular Person
The first method here is only acceptable on the basis of “Method 1: Choose Reviewer”. Let’s take a quick look.
Method 1: Click to Accept
- Still, the job is to be finished under the “Review” tab. Click “Accept” in “Changes” group.
- Then on the extending list, choose “Accept All Changes Shown”.
Method 2: Use the Macro
- At first, click “Developer” tab then the “Visual basic” to trigger the VBA editor. If the “Developer” tab is not available, press “Alt+ F11” instead.
- Next, click “Normal” and “Insert”.
- Then choose “Module”.
- Double click on the new module to have the editing area open.
- Then paste the following codes there:
Sub AcceptRevisionsFromCertainReviewer() Dim objRevision As Revision For Each objRevision In ActiveDocument.Revisions If objRevision.Author = "John Smith" Then objRevision.Accept End If Next objRevision End Sub
Note: In the code line “If objRevision.Author = “John Smith” Then”, “John Smith” is the reviewer’s name. Certainly, you need to replace it with an actual reviewer name.
- At last, hit “Run”.
Get Dead File back to Life
Nothing can be said to be certain. Likewise, no file is absolutely forever in secure. We have to prepare for the worst which is the loss of priceless data. Fortunately, most of these seemingly irrecoverable files are retrievable. And there are myriad products out there in the market. A reliable Word data damage recovery tool can save you time and effort while providing you with the highest recovery rate.
Vera Chen is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including damaged xlsx file repair tool and pdf repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com