In this article, we want to share with you 3 ways to accept specific tracked changes only in your Word document.
Normally, in a document with tracked changes, you can accept them all at once or each one by one. But sometimes, you may need to accept only specific changes, such as all formatting changes. To address this, it requires extra steps.
Following are 3 approaches to accept specific tracked changes only in different cases.
Method 1: Accept All Tracked Changes of Specific Type
Here, let’s say we need to accept all formatting changes in the document.
- Firstly, click “Review” tab.
- Then click “Show Markup” command.
- Next check only “Formatting” box on the drop-down menu.
- Now you can see only formatting changes are shown in the document. Click on the drop-down button on “Accept” command.
- And select “Accept All Changes Shown” option.
Likewise, to accept other changes, just show only that type of changes in the document and accept them.
Method 2: Accept Only Deletions or Insertions
As you can see from the first screenshot, insertions and deletions are bound together. Therefore, to accept one of them, you need a macro.
- First of all, press “Alt+ F11” to trigger VBA editor in Word.
- Next click “Normal” project and click “Insert” on menu bar.
- And select “Module” on that menu to insert a new one.
- Then double click on module to open it and paste following codes:
Sub AcceptOnlyDeletionsInDoc() Dim objRevision As Revision Dim objDoc As Document Application.ScreenUpdating = False Set objDoc = ActiveDocument For Each objRevision In objDoc.Revisions With objRevision If .Type = wdRevisionDelete Then .Accept End If End With Next objRevision Application.ScreenUpdating = True Set objDoc = Nothing End Sub
- Finally, click “Run” button or just hit “F5” to execute codes.
This macro accepts all deletions in the document. As to accept all insertions, you simply replace with this macro:
Sub AcceptOnlyInsertionsInDoc() Dim objRevision As Revision Dim objDoc As Document Application.ScreenUpdating = False Set objDoc = ActiveDocument For Each objRevision In objDoc.Revisions With objRevision If .Type = wdRevisionInsert Then .Accept End If End With Next objRevision Application.ScreenUpdating = True Set objDoc = Nothing End Sub
Method 3: Accept All Changes in a Selection
This method shows you how to quickly accept all changes in different types in a selection.
- To start with, make a selection over target range.
- Then click “Review” tab in the Ribbon.
- Next click on drop-down button on “Accept” command.
- On the drop-down menu, select “Accept Change”. And that’s it.
Data Loss Penetrating Everywhere
Going with the tide of digitization, the probability of getting corrupt doc is increasing. Considering the value of your data, it’s highly recommended to get hold of a sufficient repairing tool. So you can recover documents with the least time.
Vera Chen is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including fix xls and pdf repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com