In the content below, we plan to show you 3 solutions to fix the problem that embedded Object icons are not displayed in your Word document.
From time to time, you may need to insert a file object and display it as icon on your document.
With it, you can keep your file in a neat manner and your audience will also have a clear view of where the details are. However, have your ever run into the following situations where the embedded icon is missing?
There are 2 instances of having an embedded object icon not displayed. The first one is you find it nowhere in sight, such as below:
While the second situation goes like this:
Therefore, we will focus on the 2 different occasions and provide you with their fix respectively.
Situation 1: Totally Missing of the Icon
Once you insert an object icon, you see it nowhere about. All you have is the blank space, and once you click on it, only a box with dotted lines appears.
The cause of it usually has something to do with the line spacing. If you set “Exactly” for the line spacing of the paragraph where the object icon lies, then you are doomed to suffer the issue.
Thus the remedy is some kind of obvious.
Solution 1: Alter Line Spacing
- First off, select the whole paragraph.
- Then go to click the down arrow button in “Paragraph” group under “Home” tab.
- In the “Paragraph” dialog box, ensure the “Indents and Spacing” tab is on.
- Next, in “Spacing” part, just choose one but “Exactly” for “Line spacing”.
- At lastly, click “OK”. And you shall have the icon back on the screen.
Solution 2: Change Wrapping Style
- Firstly, click on the blank space to show the dotted frames of the icon.
- Right click on the line and choose “Format Object”.
- In the dialog box, click “Layout” first.
- Then choose whatever wrapping style but “In line with text”.
- Finally, click “OK”. You shall achieve the same effect.
Situation 2: Display only the Frames
When you see only the frames of the object but not the icon, it’s probably because you have turned on the “Show picture placeholders” option.
- Click “File” tab then “Options” to open the “Word Options” dialog box.
- Then click “Advanced” on the left pane.
- Next scroll down to the “Show document content” part and clear the “Show picture placeholders” box.
- Last but not the least, click “OK” to exist. Now everything is back to normal again.
Repair Service is Necessary Now
Despite of its vulnerability sometimes, Word is one of the most popularly used office software nowadays. Therefore, now and then, you have to ask yourself of whether you have backed up critical files yet. And if you haven’t generated an efficient backup plan, have you obtained a service or program for damaged Word file repair? For file loss is bound to happen somewhere and sometime, you must make preparation before the moment comes.
Vera Chen is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including xlsx file repair tool and pdf repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com