If you need to forward the emails with a specific subject, you will desire a quick way to find out these specific emails and batch forward them. This article will teach you 3 tips to achieve it.
At times, you may be required to forward some specific emails to someone. For instance, your superior requests you to forward all the emails involving a specific project to him. It’s very likely that these emails have similar subjects, such as they contain the project name in the subjects. In this case, you will need to find out the emails with a specific subject and then batch forward them. You can resort to the following 3 approaches.
Method 1: Search for the Emails with Specific Words in Subject
- In the first place, start Outlook application.
- Then click into the search box.
- Next click on the “Subject” button and then replace the “keywords” with what you need to search in the email subject.
- After that, only the emails whose subjects contain the keywords are left.
- Now press “Ctrl” and later select the emails with a specified subject.
- Subsequently, click “Forward” button in the “Respond” group.
- Finally a new email will display, in which all the found emails will be attached, like the following screenshot.
Method 2: Run a Rule to Forward the Emails with Specific Words in Subject or Body
- Firstly, click the “Rules” button in “Move” group under “Home” tab.
- Then select “Manage Rules & Alerts” from the drop down list
- In the popup dialog box, then click on “New Rule” button.
- Next select “apply rule on messages I receive”.
- Then select conditions – “with specific words in the subject or body”
- Hit the “specific words” in the Step 2.
- And next type the specific words and click “Add” > “OK”.
- Subsequently, you should set the rule action – “forward it to people or public group”.
- Then click “people or public group” in Step 2 to select the recipients who you want to forward the emails to and hit “OK”.
- After that, click a series of “Next” until get into the “Finish Rule Setup” screen.
- In this screen, you need to specify a name and deselect all the options in Step 2 and lastly click “Finish”.
- Then in the “Rules and Alerts” dialog box, click “Run Rules Now”.
- In the popup dialog box, select the rule and then select which folder you will run this rule.
- Finally, click “Run Now”. Outlook will forward the emails with the specific words in the subject or body.
Method 3: Forward the Emails with a Specific Subject via Outlook VBA
- At first, press “Alt + F11” key buttons.
- In the VBA editor, open a new module and copy the following VBA codes into it.
Sub ForwardEmailswithaSpecificSubjects() Dim objCurrentFolder As Folder Dim objVariant As Variant Dim objForwardMail As MailItem Dim i As Long Set objCurrentFolder = Outlook.Application.ActiveExplorer.CurrentFolder For i = objCurrentFolder.Items.Count To 1 Step -1 If TypeOf objCurrentFolder.Items.Item(i) Is MailItem Then Set objVariant = objCurrentFolder.Items.Item(i) 'Change the subject string to your case If LCase(objVariant.Subject) = "datanumen" Then 'To find specific words in subject, 'Use " If Instr(LCase(objVariant.subject),"datanumen") > 0 Then " instead Set objForwardMail = objVariant.Forward With objForwardMail 'change the recipient email address as per your needs 'Use ; to connect several recipients .To = "firstname.lastname@example.org" .Send End With End If End If Next i End Sub
- After that, you can add the new macro to Quick Access Toolbar as usual.
- Later you can open a certain mail folder and click the macro button in Quick Access Toolbar.
- Eventually, all the emails will be sent to the specified recipients individually.
Comparison of the Above 3 Methods
|Method 1||1. It is quick and handy.||It will find out all the emails with the specific words in the subjects, instead of the emails that have a specified subject.|
|2. It permits you to search all the mail items|
|Method 2||You can select to run the rule in your desired mail folder where you want to search the emails as per your needs.||1. It is a bit troublesome as you need to run the rule manually.|
|2. It will also forward the emails whose body contains the specific words.|
|Method 3||1. It’s convenient and easy.||It can only work in a single mail folder.|
|2. Unlike the above 2 means which can only find the emails with specific words in their subjects, this way can find the emails with a specific subject,|
Cope with Outlook Crashes Calmly
Since Outlook is vulnerable, you will need to spend lots of efforts to prevent PST corruption. For instance, you have to make a consistent backup of your PST files. In addition, getting hold of a robust fix tool, such as DataNumen Outlook Repair is also more than a necessity.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including SQL Server fix and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com