If you would like to rapidly find all emails which you’ve forwarded to others in your Outlook, you can read this article. Here we will share 2 efficient ways with you.
As we all know, the forwarded emails contain a blue right arrow in icon. It is easy to recognize it among a great number of emails. At times, you may want to check all the forwarded in your Outlook. In this case, for convenience, you have to find out and gather them in the same place. Outlook doesn’t provide direct criteria for users to search forwarded emails. However, you still can readily achieve it by the following 2 means.
Method 1: Search Forwarded Emails in One Folder
- To begin with, open a mail folder, such as “Inbox”.
- Then, shift to “View” tab and click “View Settings” button.
- Next, in the popup dialog box, click “Filter” button.
- Subsequently, in the new dialog, turn to “SQL” tab.
- After that, check the option “Edit these criteria directly. All other tabs will be unavailable” at the bottom.
- Later, put cursor in the above box and copy the following criteria into it.
http://schemas.microsoft.com/mapi/proptag/0x10810003 = 104
- Eventually, click a series of “OK” to save the view settings.
- When returning to the folder, you’ll find that only forwarded emails are over there, like the figure below.
Method 2: Search Forwarded Emails in All Folders
- For a start, launch Outlook VBA editor via “Alt + F11”.
- Then, put the following VBA code into a module.
Sub GetEmailForwardedStatus() Dim objPSTFolders As Outlook.Folders Dim objFolder As Outlook.Folder 'Process all folders in your default Outlook file Set objPSTFolders = Application.Session.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderInbox).Parent.Folders For Each objFolder In objPSTFolders If objFolder.DefaultItemType = olMailItem Then Call ProcessFolders(objFolder) End If Next End Sub Sub ProcessFolders(ByVal objFolder As Outlook.Folder) Dim i As Long Dim objMail As Outlook.MailItem Dim objForwardedProperty As Outlook.UserProperty Dim strForwardedStatus As String Dim objSubFolder As Outlook.Folder 'Get the forwarded status of all mails For i = objFolder.Items.Count To 1 Step -1 If TypeOf objFolder.Items(i) Is MailItem Then Set objMail = objFolder.Items(i) Set objForwardedProperty = objMail.UserProperties.Find("Forwarded", True) If objForwardedProperty Is Nothing Then Set objForwardedProperty = objMail.UserProperties.Add("Forwarded", olText, True) End If strForwardedStatus = objMail.PropertyAccessor.GetProperty("http://schemas.microsoft.com/mapi/proptag/0x10810003") If strForwardedStatus = 104 Then objForwardedProperty.Value = "Yes" Else objForwardedProperty.Value = "No" End If objMail.Save End If Next 'Process subfolders recursively If objFolder.Folders.Count > 0 Then For Each objSubFolder In objFolder.Folders If objSubFolder.DefaultItemType = olMailItem Then Call ProcessFolders(objSubFolder) End If Next End If End Sub
- Next, click in the first subroutine and press “F5” key.
- Subsequently, exit VBA editor.
- Afterwards, in mail folder list, right click “Search Folders” and choose “New Search Folder”.
- In the popup dialog box, select “Create a custom search folder” and click the “Choose” button.
- Then, in “Custom Search Folder” dialog, input “Forwarded Emails” in “Name” field and click “Criteria” button.
- Later, in the latest dialog box, switch to “Advanced” tab and add the following filter.
- “Forwarded” > “is(exactly)” > “Yes”
- Finally, click several “OK” to create such a custom search folder.
- After creating it successfully, in this search folder, all the forwarded emails in the default Outlook data file have been collected here, as shown in the image below.
Escape from Outlook Data Loss
For every Outlook regular user, Outlook data loss is surely unacceptable. Hence, it is essential to make some effective actions, including regular data backups for the PST files, learning how to use the inbox repair tool as well as preparing a reliable and potent PST fix tool, like DataNumen Outlook Repair. With these preparations, even if PST file is damaged, you still can recover them with effortless ease.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including corrupted sql and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com