When you’re writing a letter in Word and need to insert some contact info, how can you achieve it? Typing the information manually is too troublesome. This article will offer 2 handy methods.
Actually, to insert Outlook contact information into a word document, there are several workarounds. If you only would like to insert the name and address of the contacts, making use of “Insert Address” feature directly in MS Word must be the best choice. But if you wish to insert more details, such as email addresses and phone numbers, etc., customizing a new view with your desired fields will be the better alternative. Now read on to learn the 2 different means.
Method 1: Utilize “Insert Address” Feature in MS Word
- To begin with, start MS Word application.
- Then locate and click the down arrow in the Quick Access Toolbar. From the drop down list, you ought to select “More Commands” option.
- A new window of “Word Options” will open up with “Quick Access Toolbar” tab enabled. Now you should take the following steps:
- At first, select “Commands Not in the Ribbon” from the drop down list of “Choose commands from” field.
- And then from the following list, you need to pitch on “Address Book”.
- Next click “Add” button in center to add it to the right box. Optionally, you can use “Move Up” or “Move Down” to change its order.
- Lastly, click “OK” button to save the changes.
- Next after returning to the document, you can find the “Address Book” icon in the Quick Access Toolbar. When you click it, you would be required to select the mail profile which contains the target contacts at first.
- Finally in the subsequent window of “Select Name”, you can double click on the target contact. And its details will be inserted into the Word document at once.
By default, only the contact names and their geographic addresses can be inserted. That is to say, there are no email addresses, phone number and other information. It depends on the “Addresses” settings in Outlook contacts.
Method 2: Copy Contacts in Custom View with Desired Fields
- At the outset, go to Outlook Contacts and shift to “View” tab.
- Then click “Change View” > “Manage View”.
- In the “Manage All Views” screen, click “New” button. Next specify a name for the new view, such as “Custom View with Desired Fields”. Select “Card” and click “OK”.
- After that, click “Columns” button. In the latter “Show Columns” window, you can add the fields corresponding to the contact details which you need and remove the fields which you don’t need.
- Later click “OK” to save the custom view. And then you should change to the newly created view.
- Now you should select the target contact whose details you intend to insert into Word and press “Ctrl + C” to copy it.
- Eventually open the Word document and press “Ctrl + V” to paste it and opt for “Keep Text Only”.
Protect Outlook from Corruption
Like Word documents, Outlook files are vulnerable as well. But we can take some potent precautions to reduce the chances of Outlook corruptions, such as never clicking the embedded links, never opening unknown attachments and so on. In addition, in order to prevent data loss, we ought to make regular backups, which will be helpful to Outlook recovery. Moreover, if afford, we’d better keep a repair tool in vicinity, like DataNumen Outlook repair, which can come to our rescue in time.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including sql recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com