Sometimes, you wish to insert your personal comments when replying emails in Outlook. This article will teach you 2 easy approaches to accomplish it.
On one occasion, one of my fellows sent me a draft article in an Outlook email. He wished that I could give him some suggestions. In order to present my ideas in my reply, I would like to insert comments. The followings are the two handiest ways to insert comments into an Outlook email message.
Method 1: Add Inline Comments
- To start with, start Outlook application and head to “File” menu.
- Then select “Options” item, which will bring out a new window of “Outlook Options”. In it, switch to “Mail” tab.
- Under “Mail”, you ought to locate “Replies and Forwards” section.
- Now you need to check and enable the option “Preface comments with”. And type your name into the following blank box.
- After that, click “OK” to save the changes, exit “Outlook Options” window and back to Outlook main interface.
- Next you can have a try. Select an email and then press “Reply” or “Reply All” or “Forward”.
- Later in the subsequent message window, you should click in the body of the original message and then begin typing your own comments. You will notice that your preset name has been inserted and your comments are in different color, just like the following screenshot:
Actually, in earlier Outlook, users can insert comment callouts which are usually listed in the right side of the message instead of in the message body. However, in newer Outlook, this feature is gradually abandoned. If you prefer it, you could achieve it with the help of MS Word as well. Follow the steps below.
Method 2: Add Comment Callouts
- For a start, double click the email which you wish to add comment callouts. In its own message window, press “Ctrl + A” to select the entire message body. And press “Ctrl + C” to copy it.
- Then open MS Word and create a new document. Press “Ctrl + V” to paste the copied message.
- To insert comment, you can select the text to be commented. And press “Ctrl + Alt + M” to insert comment callouts.
- After inserting all your wished comment callouts, you can press “Ctrl + A” to select all the characters and “Ctrl + C” to copy them.
- Next go back to Outlook. Create a new email message, and then press “Ctrl + V” to paste. You will discover that you’ve pasted comment callouts as well.
- Finally you can compose email as usual and send it out. The recipients can also receive the email with the comment callouts.
Not Exempt from Corruptions
Despite boasting of multiple functions, Outlook still cannot keep away from corruption. Therefore, you should take good care of it. If unfortunately Outlook gets damaged, you ought to procure a practiced tool, such as DataNumen Outlook Repair. Due to its high Outlook recovery rate, it has stood way ahead of its peers.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including sql recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com