In your Excel worksheet, you will certainly input some additional words into cells. Hence, here we will discuss about how to add those additional words to the Excel dictionary.
When you use the spelling feature to check the worksheet, the Excel will also regard some additional words as mistakes. Those additional words can be the name of a company, the name of certain products or some abbreviations. At this moment, you can directly ignore it. However, the next time you check your workbook, the same word will still be regarded as mistakes. And this is very annoying. Hence, now you can use the two methods below and add those additional words to the Excel dictionary.
Method 1: Add Words when Checking
In this part, we will demonstrate the steps to add words to Excel dictionary when you are checking the worksheet.
- Click the tab “Review” in the ribbon.
- And then click the button “Spelling”. In addition, you can also press the key “F7” on the keyboard to replace these two steps.
- In the “Spelling” window, Excel will check the cells one by one. When you see the additional word appear in the window, click the button “Add to Dictionary”.
Thus, this additional word has been added to the Excel dictionary. And then you will never see this word appear in the “Spelling” window.
Method 2: Custom Dictionaries
In this method, you can custom the dictionary and add the words into dictionary.
- Click the tab “File” in the ribbon.
- And then click the button “Options”.
- On the “Excel Options” window, click the option “Proofing”.
- And then click the button “Custom Dictionaries”.
- In the “Custom Dictionaries” window, choose the button “Edit Word List”.
- And then in the new window, input your word into the first text box.
- Next click the button “Add”.
Thus, the word will appear in the “Dictionary”.
- Now click the button “OK” in the window.
- Next continue clicking “OK” in the “Custom Dictionary” window.
- And then click the button “OK” in the “Excel Window”.
The next time when you check the worksheet, you will never see this additional word appear in the “Spelling” window.
From the above analysis, you will know that both methods will add the additional words into the Excel dictionary. Besides, if you need to delete words, you can also delete in the “CUSTOM.DIC” window.
Recovery Tool is A Cost-Effective Choice to Handle Corruption
When you meet with Excel corruption, you will certainly want to repair your Excel. And there are many methods that you can do to repair Excel, such as restart Excel, reinstall Excel, restart your system, or consult other people for help. Among all those methods, you can invest a recovery tool. This tool can repair Excel data problem and solve almost all the errors in Excel. This is indeed a cost-effective choice for you.
Anna Ma is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including repair Word problem and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com