When you start Microsoft Office Outlook, you may receive the following error message:
This error may also occur when you try to open a Outlook PST data file.
This error occurs under one of two circumstances:
- Your Outlook PST file has become corrupted.
- Your Outlook PST file is located on the bad sectors of a hard disk.
For the first case, you need to use our product DataNumen Outlook Repair to repair the file and solve the problem.
For the second case, you’d better to create a disk image of the failed hard disk with software such as DataNumen Disk Image, then use DataNumen Outlook Repair to recover your Outlook data from the disk image file directly, or repair the PST file on the erroneous hard disk, as follows:
- Select the PST file on the erroneous hard disk as the source file to be repaired.
- Mount an external USB drive on the computer and set the output fixed file to the external USB drive instead of the original hard disk.
- Click “Start Repair” to perform the recovery process.