In this article we introduce you to the AutoForm Wizard in Ms Access and showcase how easy is it to create forms with it.
The AutoForm Wizard in MS Access is one of the handiest tools in the application. AutoForm refers to Automatic Forms that can be created in MS Access. As the name suggests, AutoForm allows us to automatically create forms for any given query or table. Through AutoForm we can get a simple data entry within seconds; this will be based on our selected table or query. This tool is certainly one of the fastest and most convenient ways to create a form in MS Access. Once you have selected the tables and queries you want to be used for creating the form, AutoForm will automatically arrange the fields and produce a form.
All forms created in AutoForm are based on a predefined Auto Format. AutoForm in MS Access consists of two different types of AutoForm:
- New Object AutoForm – These are very simple data entry forms with nothing that can be considered complex or even exciting.
- Builder Based Auto Forms – These can still generate forms which are little more fancy, with this you can generate up to five different kinds of forms, which are:
- Columnar: All fields will be on separate lines, with separate labels.
- Tabular: Fields contained in each record will appear on the same line, the labels will only be displayed on the top.
- Datasheet: Fields contained in each record are shown in row and column format, with each row containing one record and each column containing one field. The field name will be displayed on top of every column.
- PivotTable: This form will open in Pivot Table view; the fields can be added by dragging them from field list to different view areas.
- PivotChart: This form will open in Pivot Chart view; the fields can be added by dragging them from field list to different view areas.
Creating forms using AutoForm is nothing but a piece of cake; you can do it within minutes. The steps for the same are mentioned below.
- Go to the Database Window.
- Select the Forms Icon in the Object Bar.
- Press the New Button.
- Select either one of the following AutoForm:
- Select the query or table you want to be used for creating the form. This selection has to be made from the drop down list.
- Press OK
An Ms Access database crash can compromise all stored data including customized forms that you may have created.
An Access database crash can compromise not just your records but any custom forms that you may have created. Hence if you ever encounter an Access crash, it would be logical for you to grab hold of an Access file repair software like DataNumen Access Repair to recover your contents including forms, saved queries and indexes. This powerful application can handle huge database files with ease and can also extract contents from thoroughly messed up MDB files.
Vivian Stevens is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including repair mdf file and excel recovery software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com