When using “Reply All”, you may want to send the reply to its original sender and recipients separately. In this article, we will look at this requirement and introduce you a handy method to get it.
You must have ever received an email that is not only sent to you but also sent to many other recipients. At that time, you may need to reply this email to both its original sender and the other recipients. In general, you can use the “Reply All”. However, sometimes, for purposes of confidentiality, you may want to send the replies separately. In such a case, it’s highly suggested to utilize the way shared thereinafter, which can save you from troublesome repetitive operations.
Reply an Email to All Its Original Senders & Recipients Separately
- To begin with, access Outlook VBA editor via “Alt + F11” key shortcut.
- Then, in the popup “Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications” window, put the following VBA code into a module.
Sub ReplyAllSeparately() Dim objReplyAllMail As Outlook.MailItem Dim objRecipients As Outlook.Recipients Dim objRecipient As Outlook.Recipient Dim objSeparateReply As Outlook.MailItem Set objReplyAllMail = Outlook.Application.ActiveInspector.CurrentItem Set objRecipients = objReplyAllMail.Recipients 'Separate recipients For i = objRecipients.Count To 1 Step -1 Set objRecipient = objRecipients.Item(i) Set objSeparateReply = objReplyAllMail.Copy objSeparateReply.To = "" objSeparateReply.Recipients.Add (objRecipient.Name) objSeparateReply.Send Next objReplyAllMail.Close olDiscard End Sub
- After that, add this macro to Quick Access Toolbar of Message window, by the steps shown in the article – “How to Run VBA Code in Your Outlook“.
- Eventually, you can have a try.
- First off, select an email and hit “Reply All” button.
- A new mail will display, in which you can see all the original sender and recipients are in “To” field. Now you can compose the reply at will.
- After that, you can click the macro button in Quick Access Toolbar.
- At once, the replies will be sent to the recipients separately. You can find the outgoing replies in the “Outbox” folder, like the following image.
Solve Outlook Problems
Generally speaking, when encountering annoying Outlook issues, your first and immediate resort must be the inbox repair tool – Scanpst.exe. As a matter of fact, it is quite helpful and effective when dealing with small troubles. Nevertheless, it proves useless in the event of serious Outlook crashes and PST file corruption. In such cases, you have no choice but to take recourse to a more remarkable fix tool, such as DataNumen Outlook Repair. It’s able to extract maximum data from badly corrupt Outlook file.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including sql recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com