If you would like to quickly export all image attachments of an Outlook email to a PDF file, you can use the method introduced in this article. It utilizes a piece of VBA code to realize such “export” in quick time.
At times, you may want to combine many images to a PDF file, like exporting all image attachments of an email to a PDF file. It sounds a little bit difficult. But in the followings, we’ll show a method, which can quickly achieve this without any hassle.
Export All Image Attachments of an Email to a PDF File
- For a start, launch your Outlook program as usual.
- Then, in the main Outlook window, tap on the “Alt + F11” key buttons.
- Subsequently, you will see the popup “Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications” window.
- In this window, you need to access a module that is not being used.
- Next, you can copy and paste the following VBA code into this module.
Sub ExportAllImageAttachmentsIntoPdfFile() Dim objSourceMail As Outlook.MailItem Dim objAttachment As Outlook.Attachment Dim objWordApp As Word.Application Dim objTempDocument As Word.Document Dim strImage As String Dim objInlineShape As Word.InlineShape Dim strPDF As String Set objSourceMail = Application.ActiveInspector.currentItem If Not (objSourceMail Is Nothing) Then Set objWordApp = CreateObject("Word.Application") Set objTempDocument = objWordApp.Documents.Add objWordApp.Visible = True objTempDocument.Activate strTempFolder = Environ("Temp") & "\" & Format(Now, "yyyymmddhhmmss") & "\" MkDir (strTempFolder) Set objFileSystem = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") For Each objAttachment In objSourceMail.Attachments If IsEmbedded(objAttachment) = False Then Select Case LCase(objFileSystem.GetExtensionName(objAttachment.filename)) Case "jpg", "jpeg", "png", "bmp", "gif" objAttachment.SaveAsFile strTempFolder & objAttachment.filename End Select End If Next strImage = Dir(strTempFolder & "*.*", vbNormal) Do Until Len(strImage) = 0 With Selection .InlineShapes.AddPicture (strTempFolder & strImage) .TypeParagraph .Collapse Direction:=wdCollapsEnd .ParagraphFormat.Alignment = wdAlignParagraphCenter .TypeParagraph End With strImage = Dir() Loop For Each objInlineShape In objTempDocument.InlineShapes objInlineShape.Select Selection.ParagraphFormat.Alignment = wdAlignParagraphCenter objInlineShape.ScaleHeight = 50 objInlineShape.ScaleWidth = 50 Next 'Change the path to save the PDF file strPDF = "E:\Image Attachments.pdf" 'Export the temp Word document as a PDF file objTempDocument.ExportAsFixedFormat strPDF, wdExportFormatPDF objTempDocument.Close False objWordApp.Quit MsgBox "Complete!" End If End Sub Function IsEmbedded(objCurAttachment As Outlook.Attachment) As Boolean Dim objPropertyAccessor As Outlook.propertyAccessor Dim strProperty As String Set objPropertyAccessor = objCurAttachment.propertyAccessor strProperty = objPropertyAccessor.GetProperty("http://schemas.microsoft.com/mapi/proptag/0x3712001E") If InStr(1, strProperty, "@") > 0 Then IsEmbedded = True Else IsEmbedded = False End If End Function
- After that, you can close the current window.
- Later, you can go to “File” > “Options” > “Quick Access Toolbar”. Now you can add the new macro to Quick Access Toolbar.
- Eventually, you can try this macro.
- First off, open an email whose image attachments you want to export to a PDF file.
- Then, click the macro button in Quick Access Toolbar.
- When macro completes, you will get a message.
- After that, you can head to the predefined local folder to find a PDF file, which is containing all the images attached to the open email.
Retrieve Compromised Outlook Data
If Outlook gets corrupted, you should make efforts to recover the damaged data. In this case, you can firstly try the built-in repair tool – Scanpst. Assuming that it is not up to the task of repairing Outlook file, you could also take aid of external tools, such as DataNumen Outlook Repair. It’s good at restoring damaged Outlook files with a minimized corruption.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including mdf repair and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com