Unlike Contacts or Calendar folder, Outlook doesn’t permit users to apply a custom form to the items in mail folder. Yet, many users hope to quickly create new mails from a custom form. So, this article will introduce a method to achieve it.
Some users want to always create new emails from a custom form, instead of the standard one. As we know, for a custom appointment, contact, journal, task form, you can make it as default for a Calendar, Contacts, Tasks folder. By that means, the new item will be auto created from the custom form. However, you can’t make a Message custom from as default for a mail folder. Thus, if you wish to rapidly create new emails from a custom form, you have to use other means, such as the following one.
Quickly Create New Emails from a Custom Form
- To start with, you should access Outlook application as usual.
- Then, in its main window, you need to tap on the “Alt + F11” key buttons.
- At once, you’ll get into the “Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications” window.
- In this window, you need to open a module that is not being used.
- Subsequently, copy and paste the following VBA code into this module.
Sub MailFromCustomForm() Dim strCustomForm As String Dim objFolder As Outlook.Folder Dim objMail As Object Set objFolder = Application.ActiveExplorer.CurrentFolder If objFolder.DefaultItemType = olMailItem Then 'Specify the custom form name strCustomForm = "IPM.Note.Test" 'Create and display a new mail from the custom form Set objMail = objFolder.Items.Add(strCustomForm) objMail.Display End If End Sub
- After that, you could exit the current window.
- Later, you have to add the new macro to ribbon. Follow the steps below:
- First off, right click on the “New E-mail” button in ribbon.
- Then, select “Customize Ribbon” option.
- In the right side, click the first “New” group under “Home (Mail)” tab and hit the “New Group” button at the bottom. A new group will display right below the “New” group.
- Now, you should rename it as “Custom New”.
- After that, select “Macros” in the “Choose commands from” list on the left side.
- Next, pitch on the previously added macro in the following list.
- Then, click on the “Add” button in center.
- Later, click the “Rename” button.
- Subsequently, assign an icon to the macro and change its display name.
- Lastly, click two “OK” buttons to close the current window.
- From now on, every time when you create new email, you can click the “New Mail from Custom Form” button in the ribbon, instead of the standard “New E-mail” button, like the following screenshot:
- The new mail will be automatically created from the specified custom form.
Deal with Abrupt Outlook Crash
All Outlook versions are prone to all kinds of Outlook issues. With more and more errors taking place, crashes can happen to Outlook more frequently, which can lead to serious Outlook file damage. At that time, you are better off checking whether there are any backup files. If not, you could try the built-in repair tool – Scanpst.exe. But most of time, it isn’t effective enough to repair damaged Outlook file. Thus your last resort is a powerful external tool, such as DataNumen Outlook Repair.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including corrupt sql and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com