In this article, we would like to show you the way to create a countdown calendar via Word mail merge feature.
Now and then, there will be specific times for big events. In the imminence of the big day, say, the graduation day, excitement tends to grow and thus, to keep track of the date and days left, a countdown calendar will be a huge help. Now, instead of shopping one in store, we want to show you an economical way that is to create it on your own simply with the help of Word and Excel.
Prepare an Excel File with Source Data
- First and foremost, let’s prepare an Excel file with source data. Open a new Excel file.
- Second, insert “Date”, “Deadline” and “Days Left” data to the first 3 columns.
- Next, in “A2” cell, enter the date of the day the countdown calendar starts, such as “1/20/2017”.
- Then select the cell. Place cursor at the right-down corner of the cell and wait it turns to a cross sign. Now click and drag down through column A to fill the rest cells until the deadline date appears.
- And input the deadline date in B2 cell, such as “2/14/2017”.
- Similarly, press “Ctrl” and fill other cells in column B with the same deadline date.
- Now, position cursor at C2 cell. Type the equation “=B2-A2” to get the days left before the deadline day.
- Finally, save the file.
Create Countdown Calendar via Word Mail Merge
- First off, create a new Word file and finish designing the calendar model, such as below:
- Then click “Mailings” tab.
- Next click “Select Recipients” and choose “Use Existing List”.
- Now in the “Select Data Source” window, select the correct Excel file just created and click “Open”.
- Next, click “OK” to confirm data source.
- Then select the right table and click “OK”.
- And place cursor at the position where data go. Click “Insert Merge Field” under the “Mailings” tab.
- Insert the right field to its location.
- Now if you want to save paper, you can click “Start Mail Merge” icon, still under “Mailings” tab, and choose “Directory”. This action allows you to create multiple entries in one paper sheet.
- Next, click “Preview Results” to check the calendar.
- After it, click “Finish& Merge” and choose “Edit Individual Documents”.
Here is what you are likely to get:
Fix Word Errors
As a word processing software, Word’s wide and dynamic features have won it millions fans worldwide. What’s more, people end to use Word to deal with pictures and other seemingly impossible stuff. However, the result is not always pleasing. Sometimes, a single mishandling can lead to severe file loss. To address such a calamity, a Word data damage repair tool is badly needed.
Vera Chen is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including damaged Excel recovery tool and pdf repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com