Outlook allows users to mark email as normal, private, personal or confidential at will. Some users would like to auto set an email’s sensitivity based on its recipients. So, in this article, we will share a method to realize it.
By setting email’s sensitivity, you’re actually suggesting the recipients about how to deal with the email contents. For instance, marking email as “Confidential”, the recipients will get a prompt in the InfoBar – “Please treat this as Confidential”. So, many users pretty like this feature. Yet, as they frequently forget to set the email’s sensitivity, they hope that Outlook can auto do this based on the recipients. Thus, here we will introduce an approach to achieve it.
Auto Set an Email’s Sensitivity Based on Its Recipients
- To start with, launch your Outlook program.
- Then, after getting to the main Outlook window, you need to press “Alt + F11” key buttons.
- Next, you’ll enter the VBA editor. In the new window, you ought to access the “ThisOutlookSession” project.
- Subsequently, copy and paste the following VBA code into this project.
Private Sub Application_ItemSend(ByVal Item As Object, Cancel As Boolean) Dim objMail As Outlook.MailItem Dim objRecipients As Outlook.Recipients Dim objRecipient As Outlook.recipient If TypeOf Item Is MailItem Then Set objMail = Item Set objRecipients = objMail.Recipients If objRecipients.count = 1 Then Set objRecipient = objRecipients.Item(1) 'Change the recipient as per your needs Select Case objRecipient.Address Case "firstname.lastname@example.org", "email@example.com" objMail.Sensitivity = olPersonal Case "firstname.lastname@example.org", "email@example.com", "firstname.lastname@example.org" objMail.Sensitivity = olPrivate Case "email@example.com" objMail.Sensitivity = olConfidential Case Else objMail.Sensitivity = olNormal End Select objMail.Save End If End If End Sub
- After pasting the code, you have to manually alter the predefined recipients as per your own case.
- Then, you should sign this code. Click “Tools” > “Digital Signature” and follow the onscreen instructions in the new dialog box to accomplish it.
- Next, you could close the current window.
- Later head to “Macro settings” to enable digitally signed macros.
- Eventually, you can take a shot. Just compose and send a mail to the specific recipient. After the email sent, you can go to the “Sent Items” folder to check it. Its sensitivity will be set based on the macro, like the following screenshot:
Utilize a Useful Recovery Tool
Outlook comes along with an inbuilt repair tool – Scanpst.exe. However, in case of serious issues, this tool won’t be a lot of help. Thus, we always suggest preparing another powerful and reliable Outlook repair utility, such as DataNumen Outlook Repair. With it, you will be able to rescue your corrupted Outlook file even if the internal tool fails. Also, it has been proved with high PST recovery rate.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including mdf fix and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com