Someone wants to highlight the emails depending on their ages, namely how long the emails have been in their mailbox. Actually it is just based on the received date. This article will introduce a quick and easy method.
Many Outlook users desire to make specific emails to stand out. Undoubtedly, the best way is to color code the emails by conditional formatting rule. Here we will take the following case as an example. A user is afraid that Outlook auto-archive will remove useful items without warning him. Therefore, he gets used to deleting old and useless items by himself. He would like to highlight the emails that are 15 to 25 days older, such that he can easily identify these emails, and then decide if they are needless. Here are the elaborate steps in response to this case.
Auto Highlight Outlook Emails That Are 15 to 25 Days Older
- To start with, start Outlook and switch to “View” tab.
- Then click “Change View”. From the drop down list, select “Manage Views”.
- Subsequently, a new dialog box of “Manage All View” will show up. Click on the “New” button.
- In the latter popup “Create a New View” dialog box, use the default settings and assign a new name to the view, such as “View by Mail Age”.
- After that, you can press “OK” button. Another new dialog box of “Advanced View Settings” will show up. Hit “Conditional Formatting” button.
- In the next “Conditional Formatting” dialog box, click “Add” button to create a new rule. Also, specify a name for it, like “15 to 25 days older”.
- Later click on “Font” button. It will bring out the “Font” dialog, in which you can change the font settings tailored to your preference.
- After clicking “OK” and backing to “Conditional Formatting” screen, click on “Condition” button.
- In the newly emerging dialog box of “Filter”, you need follow the steps below:
- Firstly, shift to “Advanced” tab.
- Then click on “Field” button, select “Frequently-used fields” > “Received”.
- Next hit the down arrow in “Condition” field and pick out “between”.
- Later in “Value”, manually type the specific days – “15 days ago and 25 days ago”.
- And lastly click “Add to List” button.
- Click a series of “OK” to close all the dialog boxes.
- Now change the current view to the newly created view – “View by Mail Age”.
- Eventually you will see that the specific emails, which are 15 to 25 days older, have been highlighted. Also, from now on, the highlighted emails will change as per their ages automatically.
Rescue Your Outlook Data after Crashes
It is difficult to predict Outlook errors and crashes. Therefore, even though we’ve taken adequate precautions, we still cannot entirely escape from the disasters. So we should make a regular Outlook data backup and keep an experienced repair tool nearby, such as DataNumen Outlook Repair. It can repair PST email damage like a breeze.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including repair SQL Server data corruption and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com